1Password mini with Voiceover

BlueFrog
BlueFrog
Community Member

Latest macOS and 1Password. Voiceover works well with the main 1Password app but not the mini. Can someone share what keyboard commands do work? Thanks much.

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @BlueFrog,

In your post you indicated that you’re running 1Password 6.8.6, but that would not be the latest version of 1Password for Mac. Could you please try updating to 1Password 6.8.8 and see if this problem still exists?

Please let us know. Thanks.

Ben

• BlueFrog
    BlueFrog
    Community Member

Typo. I am indeed running 6.8.8.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@BlueFrog: I believe that ⌘ F5 is the default keyboard shortcut for enabling VoiceOver, and that works here in 1Password mini. Definitely check your settings in System Preferences though, in case you changed or disabled something.

• BlueFrog
    BlueFrog
    Community Member

Maybe I was not clear in my first post. I am needing to know how to use Voiceover when IN the 1Password mini. Everything is fine in the main app. I just need to know what VO commands to navigate in the mini.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@BlueFrog: I'm sorry, I guess I don't understand what you mean by "Voiceover commands". You can navigate 1Password mini with the keyboard. Are you using something else to navigate in the main 1Password app?

• BlueFrog
    BlueFrog
    Community Member

Voiceover is a screen reader for the blind and has its own keyboard shortcuts. Generally, the standard macOS commands can be used as well but in this case, with Voiceover enabled, they do not.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@BlueFrog: Thanks for clarifying. I'm familiar with macOS's Voiceover feature, I just wasn't clear on what you were trying to do. I guess you mean keyboard shortcuts. For the most part 1Password mini does not use those, since it is not an app window; and also because keyboard shortcuts are used for menus, and 1Password mini is already a menu.

However, some that are global will work: ⌘ N for "New", ⌘ \ for "Fill Login", ⌘ ⌥ ⌃ L for "Lock 1Password". 1Password mini is navigable using the arrow keys to select logins and other items to view and/or fill in the browser: press and to move between items, Return to open it in the browser, or to go into its details. But 1Password mini cannot have preset keyboard shortcuts for most things, as it mainly shows a list of items based on context; it can't associate a specific key combination to each and every login item, for instance.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions though! :)

This discussion has been closed.