search by website name

Hi,
In the 1password application, is there a way to search items by their saved website name? Currently, when I search an item, it seeks that just among their 'name' field. If I do not remember the name assigned to a saved password, then I wouldn't be able to find it by just knowing the stored website name.

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:search by website name

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@hd_ali: Yep! For example, I have a login for aaa.com saved as "AAA", and searching for either the URL ("aaa.com") or name (just "aaa") works. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• gordonchil
    gordonchil
    Community Member

Is there a way to search by url? For example. I have a login that has comcast.net for website1 and xfinity.com for website2. When I type "xfini" then nothing appears in the results. But "comcast" does make it appear since it's stored under that name.

I'm using the 1Password web interface.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gordonchil: Not in the web app, no. It searches only by major fields like title and primary URL. If you set that as the first URL or add "xfinity" to the title you can find it that way.

Alternatively, the desktop apps have more advanced search, like searching all fields, so that can help too. Cheers! :)

• gordonchil
    gordonchil
    Community Member

This happens to be within a virtual machine running linux, so I can't use the desktop app. It's only the web app that I can use. But I look forward to improvements that you'll make to the web application. Thanks!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gordonchil,

Are you able to install browser extensions in Chrome or Firefox there? If you are, please give 1Password X a try and let us know if it works better for you:

Get to know 1Password X

Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.