Security Audit? [Coming soon]

JeffreyBrown
JeffreyBrown
Community Member
edited January 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I know Security audit (duplicate, insecure passwords) was in the Beta, but now that it's released, it's still seems to be missing. Am I just not finding it?

1Password Version: 6.8.492
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

• Hi @JeffreyBrown,

Thanks for writing in.

It wasn't ready for the stable 6.8 release, so we've pushed it to the next beta version for more testing. It'll be out in the next stable update.

• JeffreyBrown
    JeffreyBrown
    Community Member

Thanks Mike. Any thoughts on when you'll release the next beta that includes it?

Would love to try it out.

• Hi @JeffreyBrown,

No ETA, the next beta is a big one but we're in the testing phase for beta 1, so it is not that far out. It just depends on how testing goes.

• BugsysDad
    BugsysDad
    Community Member

I hope to see security audit available for windows users soon. You guys have been saying "coming soon" since Dec 2016.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@BugsysDad: Thank you for getting in touch!

Security Audit is already available in the beta version of 1Password 7 for Windows, please make sure to check it out.

We are also working on a big Watchtower update now. It is already available via web interface, if you are using 1Password account, and coming to 1Password apps in the future. See this post in our blog:

Introducing Watchtower 2.0: The turret becomes a castle

Let me know if this is what you need. :) Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• BugsysDad
    BugsysDad
    Community Member

Thank you Greg. I was running a version 6 software, I never received a notification that there was a version 7 beta. Thank you for the information.

• @BugsysDad: I'm glad Greg was able to point you in the right direction. :+1: Major version updates are a bit different from the smaller updates we push out under ordinary circumstances, so we didn't push 1Password 7 to our standard beta channel and kept is separate in favor of ensuring folks know what they're getting into with testing such big changes. The 1Password 7 beta has been going on for some time at this point, though, so I'd liken it more to an ordinary beta in terms of stability now. All the same, you'll still have to install 1Password 7 separately using the link Greg provided, rather than just enabling betas in 1Password 6. I hope you'll give it a try and, if you do, be sure to let us know what you think. :chuffed:

• BugsysDad
    BugsysDad
    Community Member

Thank you bundtkate. I have since downloaded the version 7 beta - many thanks!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BugsysDad,

1Password 7 for Windows has been officially released, please check this post in our blog. Moreover, we are already working on a new beta update, so you can learn more about it here.

Let me know if it helps. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.