1password isn't saving checkboxes

Options

1password isn't saving checkboxes any longer. For example, the site: https://start.textbroker.com/login defaults to client login, whereas I want it to switch to author login. I have tried to save it and it won't check that box automatically any longer. I know it might be a small thing, but it had worked before. Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.0 BETA-12 (700000012)
Extension Version: chrome 1.7.2
OS Version: MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1password now, was dropbox prior
Referrer: forum-search:1password isn't saving checkboxes

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @kagosage,

As you kindly (and helpfully) supplied the URL I visited the site and tested. I saved a Login item with the author radio button selected (radio button is quite different from a checkbox in terms of HTML). I tested both the last 1Password 6 stable and the current 1Password beta. Both saved with the correct radio button recorded as being active and both resulted in it being select when I filled the empty page with its default setting of client. Humour me, if you manually save a new Login item using the steps outlined on our support page How to save a Login manually in your browser first check the web form details, does it show one of the two radio buttons as being selected and do you still find it doesn't select the correct radio button during filling?

• kagosage
    kagosage
    Community Member
    Options

It still isn't working for me. I am, however, using the newer 1password X version and that is the one giving me an issue. I have used the other version, previous version, several times and that one always worked fine for me - but the issue is coming with 1password X. P.S. You are right, I wrote it out as a generalization in regards to the checkbox vs. radio button..

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kagosage: Did you save a new login for the site manually as lil bobby suggested? I'm not having trouble doing that here either, so I wonder if you haven't tried that yet, or if you updated your existing login instead. Let me know.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019
    Options

Hello @kagosage,

The issue is with 1Password X while I incorrectly focussed on the fact that you are running the 1Password 7 beta. If you were to use this Browsers - 1Password extension instead, the one that requires the native application you would find that the item saved does restore the correct radio button. I'm curious as to why you're running the standalone extension with the 1Password 7 beta. You can, nothing is stopping you but that means unlocking both copies separately as they currently do not converse.

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#179

• kagosage
    kagosage
    Community Member
    Options

That worked. I had to use the non-beta version. I hope this gets fixed in the newer plugin. Thank you for your help everyone.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Likewise, thanks for bringing this to out attention! We'll get it sorted. :)

This discussion has been closed.