1password 7 beta 12 - "Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords" issue

Options
2dois2be
2dois2be
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I can't check "Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords" on!

the above message pops up over and over!

1Password Version: 7.0 beta 12
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.5 pb 4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• 2dois2be
    2dois2be
    Community Member
    Options

I haven't ever purchased Mac App Store ver.

• Airwick
    Airwick
    Community Member
    Options

I have this issue as well.

Running 1Password 7 Version 7.0.BETA-12 (70000012) and 4.7.1 Safari extension on MacBook Pro and macOS 10.13.4 (17E202). Autosubmit stopped working and the autosubmit script is greyed out in the selected scripts folder.

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @2dois2be and @Airwick Thanks for letting us know about this. We're working on a fix for the Mac App Store reference, as well as the autosubmit script not being able to actually work.

ref: apple-1174

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

the trick...meanwhile
    instead of allowing th folder "2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword7-helper" to install the script
    choose "Application Scripts" (mother folder of the previous)
    it will give you an error message
    then do it again ( reselect the option in preferences ) it will work correctly

• buschtech
    buschtech
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

@brently after following your instructions above and when I attempt to re-enable autosubmit, I get sent into a bit of a loop... the open dialog box sends me to '~/Library/Application Scripts/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword7-helper', not the folder you mention above. If I choose the folder it sends me to, it just displays the same dialog box and I go into a loop (dialog box, folder, dialog box, folder, etc.). If I choose the folder you mention above, a dialog box stating "Wrong script folder selected"appears and then back to square one where the "Automatic script instillation is required" dialog box appears and I get sent to the 'onepassword7-helper' folder.. deleting the mentioned file above and rebooting does not seem to make a difference. Could this possibly be a bug w 1password 7?

[This comment was moved here from: "Automatically sign in after filling in user names and passwords" wanting to apply a script.]

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

Could be a bug, or certainly is, in 1P 7

But what I suggested worked twice , once on my MBA and then after on my iMac
    If my memory serves me well:

I clicked on

It directed me to the "~/Library/Application Scripts/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword7-helper"
    I chose it and got the error message

I did it again but this time
    I selected the mother folder called Application script

got an error message, rightfully

reclicked on "Automatically sign in....."
    then it brought me to the right folder ( the Agile one in Application script folder called "2BUA......
    and it became active
    no more error

Having done it on two computers let me think it works

this is why I suggested this

• JoeBloeC7
    JoeBloeC7
    Community Member
    Options

I find that 1Password 7 Beta 12 fails to install the Safari Extension. All this talk about scripts applies to previous versions where you must manually install the extension. In 1Password 7 , I thought that none of this applies since the extension is automatically installed in Safari. I had to uninstall 1Password 7 and go back to 1Password 6 to get everything running normal.

Please advise. I am guessing this is just a bug in the Beta 12.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

when I attempt to re-enable autosubmit, I get sent into a bit of a loop...

@buschtech: Indeed, I've already filed an issue for that. We'll get it fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

All this talk about scripts applies to previous versions where you must manually install the extension. In 1Password 7 , I thought that none of this applies since the extension is automatically installed in Safari.

@eishapiro: That's not the case. 1Password 7 is sandboxed and requires a script to be able to simulate user form submission. This is used by the app and is completely separate from the browsers themselves — including Safari.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018
    Options

the trick...meanwhile
    instead of allowing th folder "2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword7-helper" to install the script
    choose "Application Scripts" (mother folder of the previous)
    it will give you an error message
    then do it again ( reselect the option in preferences ) it will work correctly

@Gilles9: Thanks for sharing that! I'm not sure why it would work in some cases and not others, but we're looking into it. The feedback is greatly appreciated. :)

• tryphoon
    tryphoon
    Community Member
    Options

No dice for me... :( I guess I'll have to wait for the fix...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tryphoon: I'll try to break it down a bit differently as it's worked for everyone else who's tried it as far as I know. Restart your Mac and try this:

1. Open 1Password
    2. Go to Preferences > Browsers
    3. Click the "Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords" checkbox
    4. Click the button to continue
    5. In the window where you're asked to select the folder, press ⌘ ↑ to go up one live to the parent folder
    6. Single-click the "Application Scripts" folder to select it, and click the button to "Select Script Folder"
    7. You'll get an error; ignore it
    8. Click the "Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords" checkbox in Preferences > Browsers
    9. This time, in the window where you're asked to select the folder, click the button to "Select Script Folder"
    10. You may still get an error, but ignore it; you should have "Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords" checked now

Let me know if that helps!

This discussion has been closed.