I and my wife have each had 1p4 personal accounts for years, I'm considering the migration to 1p6

ABCritter
ABCritter
Community Member

reading the posts I'm not sure I understand the mechanics of keeping separate vaults

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I and my wife have each had 1p4 personal accounts for years, I'm considering the migration to 1p6

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ABCritter: Thanks for reaching out! I'm glad you asked. 1Password Families makes it easy to create and share vaults with some, all, or none of your loved ones, depending on what you want to use each one for:

Create and share vaults

But it's easiest to get started with 1Password Families by using the default Shared vault, which all family members you invite automatically have access to:

Share passwords in 1Password Families

It's really useful for things like garage door or alarm codes, Netflix logins, etc. But you can always create other vaults in addition to that. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• ABCritter
    ABCritter
    Community Member

Ok, I've got it installed and migrated the vault from 1P4, however using Google Chrome as my browser (as I was in the past) it keeps looking for the extension, which is installed and never finds it.
    I've tried the helps, of uninstalling the extension and reinstalling and rebooting to no avail.
    The Google Extension store shows 3 1Password ext.... the old one that I was using successfully with 1P4 and 2- 1Password-X, one of them being Beta.
    What should I use?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ABCritter: Good question! It depends on how you plan to use 1Password going forward:

If you're going to use a 1Password.com account, you can use 1Password 6 with the desktop browser extension. Best to uninstall everything else first in that case, so you don't have a bunch of different app and extension versions.
    OR use only 1Password X in Chrome — no other app or extension required.

However, if you're going to continue using the standalone app, keep 1Password 4 and install the desktop browser extension.

Let me know where you're at, and I'll be happy to help. :)

• ABCritter
    ABCritter
    Community Member

Thanks for the info., I was able to resolve the issue by deleting, rebooting and reinstalling the app... all is well know

• Thanks for the update, @ABCritter. Glad to hear things are working better now.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.