1Password extension for Microsoft Edge may not be available for new customers in Microsoft Store

2»

Comments

• Auerhahn
    Auerhahn
    Community Member

Well. The extension is not here. May be it is difficult to make. But is it so difficult to change the download page? Or is it no so interesting for you because it’s just a problem for your customers? If the program is made as negligent as this page, it’s perhaps a really bad (and dangerous) idea to use it. What I don’t understand: Why do you do all to make such a bad impression?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Auerhahn,

I am really sorry to hear that you have such impression about 1Password!

We have resolved this issue with Microsoft and 1Password extension for Microsoft Edge is available in Microsoft Store. Here is the direct link to it. The link on our Downloads page is correct as well.

Could you please let me know what difficulties you have at the moment? We are always here for you, so I will be looking forward to your reply.

Cheers,
    Greg

• Hi @Auerhahn,

Our recent check at Microsoft Store shows that people are downloading the extension across the globe, so there does not seem to be any issues there.

Are you using Windows 10 Fall Creators Update or the latest update, April 2018 update? Are you at work? If you're at work, your company may disallow the use of Edge extensions and/or MS Store. It is also possible the Windows 10 branch your computer is on does not have the updates needed for 1Password extension for Edge.

Microsoft Edge is a young browser, there are a lot of limitations with it that we have to work around as well as the additional rules from Microsoft Store. It is very difficult to develop for Edge in terms of connecting to it from a regular desktop program, we're not the only one affected. Edge is a Universal app, universal apps were not originally designed to talk to Win32 desktop apps like 1Password.

It is not our intention to make the first impression like this but this is currently the best way to make 1Password work in Microsoft Edge given its vast restrictions. If we want perfect or reasonable good enough, we would have never support Edge but a lot of people has asked for it and we've bought it to Edge. We'll continue to improve 1Password extension for Edge as much as we can and we'll continue to work with Microsoft teams on this.

It won't be like this forever, Microsoft continues to improve the APIs for both Edge and Windows 10 including the Windows Desktop bridge project. We'd love to bring the entire 1Password desktop app to the Microsoft Store, which would embed with Edge so much better but the current Windows Desktop Bridge has many restrictions preventing us from doing so.

• BLD
    BLD
    Community Member

Any recent activity on this? I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1703 Build 15063.1446.

When I go to the Microsoft Store to download the 1Password extension for Edge, I get the error: "Try again later. Something happened on our end." I have tried again "later" several times -- no change.

Any ideas?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@BLD: Sorry for the confusion. Windows 10 version 1709 is the minimum, as that has improvements to Edge that the extension support depends on. It won't work unless you update Windows, or use a different browser.

• BLD
    BLD
    Community Member

Ok, thanks fir the update. Please do fix your documentation though. Unfortunately, the machine in question is not under my administrative authority to upgrade.

• Good idea, I'll pass your feedback to our docs team.

This discussion has been closed.