Unable to restore purchase of 1Password Pro on iPad

bklang
bklang
Community Member

Hello,

I recently did a complete reset of my iPad. After re-installing the app, I went to restore purchases. When I press the button, it says "Failed to restore purchases. There are no purchases associated with your Apple ID. You may have made the original purchase with a different Apple ID or possibly with a family member's account."

I still have the functionality on my iPhone, so I know have purchased the option. The only other thing that comes to mind is that I recently changed the email address associated with my Apple ID, but it's the same account as before.

1Password Version: 7.0.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.3.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bklang: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Unfortunately, even if that's the case and you're using the correct Apple ID, there isn't anything we can do about that, as all of that is handled by the App Store, of which Apple is the sole owner and operator. So you may need to contact them for assistance. However, there are a few things you can try on your own:

1. Backup your data if you don't already have it stored elsewhere.
    2. Check your records, as you'll have received an email receipt for the purchase; this will tell you the Apple ID you used for it — which you'd also need when contacting Apple.
    3. Remove 1Password from your iOS device.
    4. Sign out of the App Store in Settings.
    5. Restart your device.
    6. Sign into the Apple ID you used to make the purchase.
    7. Install 1Password from your App Store purchase history.

If all is right in the Apple world, you'll be able to restore the purchase. If not, you'll need to get in touch with Apple support to have them help you get it sorted out. I hope this helps. Let me know how it turns out! :)

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2018

In addition to what brenty said please do note that Apple’s Family Sharing feature does not apply to in-app purchases. The Apple ID used must be the same Apple ID account that was used to make the purchase, and not just one that is part of Family Sharing with that ID.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.