1Password X not working in Firefox in Ubuntu 18.04

gfajdi
gfajdi
Community Member
edited May 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi all,
I'm trying to get 1Password set up in Ubuntu 16.04 in Firefox. The 1Password X addon installed just fine, but when I click on it to eneter my master password, the dialog appears for a split second and the quickly disappears. I tried that severaltimes to no avail. What can I do to get 1Password working under Linux?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 1.7.1
OS Version: Ubuntu Linux 16.04
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• donalus
    donalus
    Community Member

I'm on Ubuntu 18.04,o but having a the same problem with the login dialog box disappearing.

However, I noted that if I login to the web version of 1password, then 1Password X works normally. I've been keeping the browser window open in a tab as a workaround to re-login after timeout.

• gfajdi
    gfajdi
    Community Member

Ah, I made a typo. I'm using Ubuntu 18.04 as well.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

I have the same problem, started a thread about that as well with a temporary workaround here:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/89938/1password-x-firefox-ubuntu-only-shows-unlock-prompt-shortly

• talktodan
    talktodan
    Community Member

I have worked around this problem by visiting http://my.1password.com/ and signing in and then the window seems to stay open for filling passwords. But would like to see this fixed too :)

• fatso83
    fatso83
    Community Member

Seeing the same problem. Is there a bug tracker to follow for this?

• gfajdi
    gfajdi
    Community Member

Thanks guys, this temporary fix works for me for now, but I hope the bug gets fixed. One more data point that might help: I'm using Mozilla Firefox 60.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018

Hello everyone!

I greatly apologize for the delay. We've discovered there is a bug in Ubuntu 18.04 which is causing all Firefox extensions with password fields not to work correctly. I've just created a post which explains the issue in detail with possible ways to work around it.

Please let me know if you have any questions and have a great week!

&drew

This discussion has been closed.