1PasswordX FF on Windows 7 - Phantom menu option shows in categories when scrolling up and down

I just started testing/using 1PasswordX as part of the beta testing. First, I want to say that this is a great approach, the interface looks amazing, at this point I am starting with 1.7.0 so I guess many things have been iron out by now cause it works really well so far, with all the sites I have tried. The only thing I have experienced is that when clicking the icon to get the main screen and scroll up and down some menu items appear and disappear, I managed to capture the screen, see here below.

I have another comment about the Password generator screen, I think the recipe for how many special characters or number should be included, and I think I saw comments that it is in the Chrome extension alreadu in 1.8, so hoefully soon in FF as well.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@josegfv: Thanks for trying out 1Password X! I greatly appreciate you reporting this issue. Do you see this same behavior when scrolling with both a mouse wheel/touchpad and clicking on the scroll bar?

I'm not seeing this on my machine, but I'll see if I can get this behavior reproduced on a Windows 7 VM. Windows 7 is approaching the end of it's extended support from Microsoft so most of the folks around here have moved to 10.

As for specifying the number of digits/symbols, that's something we are trying to move away from as it has a negative impact on entropy. Most sites require that you have at least one digit and/or symbol, rather than specifying an exact number, but I'd love to hear your use-case for needing an exact number.

I look forward to your reply!

&drew

• josegfv
    josegfv
    Community Member

@beyer I see this issue either grabbing the scroll bar with the mouse and moving up/down or using the scroll wheel in the mouse. I am also testing it in my iMac and I don't see the same behavior, so, as you say it might be specific to Windows 7.
    Regarding the digits/symbols in fact for me, it was helpful to ensure that I only had 1 or 2 of each and not end up with a lot of symbols which make more difficult to type your password when you are in the situation that has to type it yourself. So if you are enforcing by default to have just 1 of each then that is perfect for me.

• alanper
    alanper
    Community Member

I am on Windows 8 and am seeing the same menu problem. I scroll down/up and then see the phantom menu item. It disappears ~4 seconds later, and the menu is back to normal. Running 1.7.1. on Firefox 60.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@alanper, @josegfv: Hmm. I'm not seeing it here on Windows 10, so maybe it is specific to older versions of Windows. Are you seeing the same thing with the newest 1Password X release, 1.7.2?

• Thanks for reporting this issue, @josegfv and @alanper. It looks like this behavior is limited to Firefox on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 as I was able to reproduce it on both versions using 1Password X 1.7.2. I've created an internal tracker for this issue so that we can look into it further.

Have a great weekend!

ref: b5x-424

• josegfv
    josegfv
    Community Member

Thanks @DaltonD, BTW in the Firefox addon's market I still only see version 1.7.1, not 1.7.2.

• I apologize for making things extra confusing, @josegfv. While the current stable version of 1Password X is 1.7.2, the latest version available for 1Password X in Firefox is 1.7.1. The next release for Firefox will likely be 1.7.3 and include the changes from 1.7.2.

This discussion has been closed.