retaining folders as tags when migrating to family plan

tlokitz
tlokitz
Community Member

I migrated to the free trial of the family plan from dropbox syncing. I used folders extensively but don't see them any more in the ios 1password 7.06 or in windows 1password 6.8.
I thought I read that folders migrate to tags but that didn't happen. help would be appreciated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:tag

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tlokitz: Thanks for reaching out. 1Password.com account support tags, so those will carry over as-is. And folders will also be converted to tags during migration. Did you perhaps copy your data between vaults manually instead? Let me know what device, OS, and 1Password versions you used as well. Thanks in advance!

• tlokitz
    tlokitz
    Community Member

Tags carried over but none of the folders converted to tags. I used the latest iOS version (iPhone x). When I logged into the 1password family trial the first time it asked me if I wanted to move my data into the family vault and i said yes.

• tlokitz
    tlokitz
    Community Member

I deleted all online data and did manual import on latest windows version and that worked.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Great! That was going to be my suggestion, but you're one step ahead of me. Glad that did the trick. It sounds like you should be all set, but we're here if you need us. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.