Deletion Bug with Write-only Vault

johnclay
johnclay
Community Member

Here's a bit of an edge case. I have a vault that is set through 1Password.com for read and create access only. Delete is disabled. The web app and macOS apps work as expected (thanks for fixing that bug), but iOS is not.

On iOS, I'm able to delete records from the vault in question by using the Select Items function. The Edit button in the top right is hidden, as expected. However, they don't appear to actually be deleted from the vault and can be viewed online or in the macOS app. I figured it was just a UI glitch on iOS, but even after forcing the app closed and relaunching, the "deleted" records don't appear again in the app.

1Password Version: iOS App 7.0.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.3.1
Sync Type: Teams

Comments

• Hi @johnclay! I’d be happy to help sort things out. The title of your post refers to a write-only vault, but you mention later in the post that "delete is disabled", so some write access isn't on it. You also mentioned that the Edit button doesn't appear in 1Password for iOS, which isn't consistent with a write-only vault. Did you mean read-only access by chance? I want to clear that up before moving forward. :)

• johnclay
    johnclay
    Community Member

@Jacob

Sorry for the confusion. The permissions are set on the vault so that we can read the existing entries, and write new ones, but not modify/delete/share/move existing entries.

Would a screenshot of the settings help to clarify further?

• @johnclay Ah okay. Yes please do take a screenshot so I can try reproducing the issue on my end.

• johnclay
    johnclay
    Community Member

@Jacob Let me know if you need any more info.

• @johnclay Perfect, thanks! I could reproduce the issue on my end too, and deleting the item deleted it on my iPhone but it's still there on 1Password.com. This is an odd bug... I'm going to chat with the team about it and we'll get it fixed up. Thanks so much mate.

ref: apple-1330

• johnclay
    johnclay
    Community Member

@Jacob

Awesome, thanks! Any chance you could update this when it's been resolved?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I think we can do that. :)

This discussion has been closed.