Android app shows dates in American format, not British / Rest of The World format

richardburt
richardburt
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Android

I've been adding various details to the 1Password account through the Windows desktop app and the date formats are all correct (dd/mm/yy).

On my Android phone (set to UK location and date format) the date formats in the 1Password app are all US style (mm/dd/yy).

For example, the Passport card on the Desktop version displays the dates correctly but the Android app displays them in US style even if I re-enter them in the phone.

Is there a fix for this?

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 8
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @richardburt. We currently display dates in either yyyy-mm-dd or yyyy-mm date formats on Android, and there's not a way to change this at the moment. However, I'll pass the request on to our team. Let us know if you need anything else! ref: OPA-1034

• richardburt
    richardburt
    Community Member

I'm not an Android developer but a quick two minute search on Google brought this bit of code up on Stackoverflow:

Date date = new Date(location.getTime());
    DateFormat dateFormat = android.text.format.DateFormat.getDateFormat(getApplicationContext());
    mTimeText.setText("Time: " + dateFormat.format(date));

Pass this on to your software devs please and I'll claim 0.005% of your yearly sales as payment.

• Thanks! I'll let our team know!

This discussion has been closed.