1Password X for Firefox and Android

Options

So far, none of the 1Password extensions work with Android. Chrome doesn't support extensions on Android. Firefox on Android does but 1Password Extension is incompatible . I am hoping 1Password X will be Android compatible.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: That's not possible as things stand, but I supposed Google could enable that in the future. While that's a bit of wishful thinking, I don't think it's as far fetched now that they're enabling some crossover between Android and Chrome OS. Only time will tell. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

I was thinking about the current prerelase 1Password X for Firefox and whether it might work on Android. AMO has a list of Firefox addons for Android but Agilebits has not been in the AMO for a long time.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/android/

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: I don't think it's possible today given that desktop Mozilla doesn't even have what we need until version 60 (which is why folks are testing the 1Password X beta in the Firefox beta), but that could certainly trickle down to mobile Firefox in time. We'd probably have to rethink a lot of stuff for touch though.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Hi

From another thread, 1Password X is now in the AMO. Not 1Password extension?

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/89894/1password-x-latest-beta-for-firefox#latest

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Just 1Password X for now. It's newer, so it's something we've planned for while developing it. Perhaps in time the desktop extension will join it. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Thanks! Although the Agilebits site for extensions isn’t an issue normally, I do sometimes run into an issue with permissions which I don’t get with the AMO. I have not whitelisted any site within Firefox.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

The message that I see is:

"This add-on cannot be downloaded because of a connection failure." No issues with the AMO, only outside of it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Yep. Thats not uncommon. Do you see that more — or exclusively — on Windows? "Security" software is more common there, and can be fairly invasive. Often it interferes with HTTPS connections, trying to decrypt the traffic to "scan". You'll run into more issues on our website (whether you're downloading an extension or an app, or trying to login to 1Password.com) because we have very strict security in place; the connection will be rejected if a 3rd party (i.e. not you and not us) is involved. Definitely something to look into.

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member
    Options

It would be really really really cool if you could find any solution for automatic filling for Firefox for Android!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Philipp: That's a bit off topic, since this is not the Android category of the forum and mobile OSes cannot run desktop browsers. But if the Firefox mobile app adopts support for Android Autofill, it will work with 1Password. Firefox Focus already does, so you may want to give that a try. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.