Jerky animation opening/closing side panel

Jools912
Jools912
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

When opening or closing the side panel the horizontal slide animation is very jerky on my 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 Late 2012 Mac mini (haven't tested on other Macs).

I'm used to Mac apps being silky smooth with their animations, and vertical scrolling in the panel is perfectly smooth so this is particularly jarring.

Any reason why?

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-18
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018

Hi @Jools912, welcome to the forum! We are happy to help.

Do you think you can take a screen recording showing this jerky animation occurring? This will help us figure out the root cause of the issue.

Edit: It turns out that we are aware of this and are working on a fix.

Thanks,
    Jad

ref: apple-424

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

@Jools912 We're aware of this one actually. It's not something we're going to address for 7.0, but it is something a couple of us on the team have seen and have had discussions about.

Sorry you're seeing this though. Hopefully we can take a closer look at it for 7.1, but I'll agree it's a bit annoying for those that can spot it. Some people don't see it unless they really pay attention, others are a bit more sensitive to it (I'm one of those).

ref: apple-424

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the screen recording @Jools912! Like Kyle said, we will try and address this for a later release :).

This discussion has been closed.