Export Non-Login Items

I have a 1Password folder containing account information and credentials associated with various equipment and services for a business. I need to turn over this information to others, as I will no longer be administrator for this business. I want to export this information to Excel, PDF, or some other document for this purpose. I understand that this file will no longer be encrypted. When I select the items related to this business, 1Password will only let me Export the "login" items to CSV or tab-delimited file. It appears as if I can export all items to a 1PIF file, but this does not allow me to transfer this information to the business in a form they can read. How can I get these records exported to a file to give to this business? It seems like a major limitation that the application does not permit full exporting for documentation purposes. Again, the fact that such exported documentation would no longer be encrypted is understood and acceptable.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: WiFi
Referrer: forum-search:export non-login item

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Hi @echarland ,

Version 4 of 1Password for Windows only supports exporting Login items to CSV. 1PIF is a simple JSON text file, so it it readable using a text editor, but clearly this is not a format you want to provide. Newer versions of 1Password support more export options - version 4 is an old code base.

You can use the 1PIF export from version 4, and then use the onepif converter and use its csv formatter to convert that to a CSV file. Use version 1.10 of the converter suite , located in Testing Bits mentioned in the first post of the thread.

After you've setup the conversion environment, the command you'll use is not difficult:

perl convert_to_1p4.pl onepif --format csv ..\your_1pif_export.1pif  -v

and you'll get back, for example:

Imported 32 items
    Exported 2 socialsecurity items
    Exported 2 email items
    Exported 2 driverslicense items
    Exported 2 passport items
    Exported 2 login items
    Exported 2 note items
    Exported 2 database items
    Exported 2 outdoorlicense items
    Exported 2 creditcard items
    Exported 2 membership items
    Exported 2 identity items
    Exported 2 software items
    Exported 2 server items
    Exported 2 rewards items
    Exported 2 wireless items
    Exported 2 bankacct items
    Exported 32 total items
    Your output file is ...\Desktop\1P_converted.csv

where the 1P_converted.csv on your Desktop is your desired CSV file.

Ask if you need more help.

This discussion has been closed.