Using pictograms instead of text in the selection

ondrejfuhrer
ondrejfuhrer
Community Member

Hello guys,

I noticed, that when I click on "Select Items..." i.e. in All Items view, I have the options, what to do with the items, on top in text format. The problem I see here is that in different languages the translation has different length so it would probably make sense to use some pictograms or maybe think different about the UI in general. As an example this is how it looks like in Czech on iPhone 8 (I didn't even tried that on my girlfriends iPhone SE :chuffed: )

1Password Version: 7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ondrejfuhrer: Indeed, it can be tough to make everything fit in the UI, but we'll see if there's something we can do to improve this specifically, and also overall to make 1Password more flexible. Thank you for bringing it up! :)

ref: apple-1249

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

@brenty

I would love to see a small phone optimised 1Password although I suspect we small phone users are in the minority. Apple appears to be interested in continuing the 4" or sub 5" phones however.

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

@wkleem rumor is that Apple is going to introduce an updated iPhone SE in the coming months. So you are in luck if that is true :).

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

There is wild speculation at this point, a 4” iPhone X? I am just hoping for an iPhone 7 (A10 CPU) in a 4” body. It seems likely the headphone jack might be gone though.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wkleem: If such a phone proves to exist and becomes popular, it's probably something we'll have to look at more. But I'm curious where you're having trouble using 1Password on a 4" iPhone now. The design adheres to Apple's guidelines, so it adapts to the display size. And I've got a close friend, a brother, and also a coworker here who have 4" iPhones and (obviously, in the latter case) use 1Password on it, and I haven't heard complaints or seen that they've encountered issues.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

When you look at the iOS iterations from iOS 6 onwards, there is a definite shift towards more crowded screens at smaller sizes.

I can search the web for examples, if you like.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

I can search the web for examples, if you like.

Let’s keep this discussion focused on what ondrejfuhrer originally suggested for 1Password. :smile:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Sure. Pictograms will help in these times of attempting to cram more items into less viewable spaces?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, we'll see what we can do to improve the situation, especially for localizations, which can vary widely in space needed. :)

This discussion has been closed.