Credit card auto fill expiry date issue on Namecheap.com

Options

https://ap.www.namecheap.com/profile/billing/PaymentCards/ManageCards/Add

I tried to auto fill a card with expiry 02/2023 and it entered '0' as the expiry and didn't fill "Name on Card" although did fill the billing name and CVC correctly.

1Password Version: 7.0.543 (Beta)
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: Windows 10 1709
Sync Type: 1Password.eu

Comments

• ajh0912
    ajh0912
    Community Member
    Options

https://www.patreon.com/settings/payment (Uses Stripe I believe)

I tried to auto fill a card with expiry 02/2023 and it didn't convert the format to MM/YY for the form

1Password Version: 7.0.543 (Beta)
    Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
    OS Version: Windows 10 1709
    Sync Type: 1Password.eu

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ajh0912,

Can you try something for me please. I can definitely get the bad behaviour with the name field but in my initial testing everything else filled okay. What I'd like you to try for me please is to manually set up an entirely new Credit Card item with just the basic details. Do you see the same issue with the expiry date with this brand new item?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @ajh0912,

So under normal circumstances you're creation of two separate threads would be absolutely what I would prefer people did, thank you for how you initially did so. The reason I've combined your two queries is because when I tested both sites I found my own items filled the expiry date correctly suggesting there may be something odd about your Credit Card item rather than the individual sites. If we find otherwise I can split the two queries again but I'm wondering if we can fix the issue with one whether the issue will disappear with the other as well. The suggested test, you can pick whichever site you want and if you find improvement can you test the second to see if we've isolated the issue to a specific Credit Card item (for reasons not yet established).

• ajh0912
    ajh0912
    Community Member
    Options

I created a new credit card entry with expiry "01/2020" and on patreon.com autofilled it, the other details filled correctly like before, but the expiry autofilled as "00 / 1"

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ajh0912,

So this is weird, I can't get it to reproduce for me for some reason. There are a couple of things that maybe I've forgotten to factor in.

1. What browser are you using?
    2. What language defaults do you use?
    3. Does the placeholder text on the Patreon site differ from my example screenshot below? primarily it's the expiry field given this is where you're seeing the odd behaviour.

• ajh0912
    ajh0912
    Community Member
    Options

Firefox 59.0.3 (64-bit)
    English UK
    It looks like the screenshot you sent

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018
    Options

Hi @ajh0912,

We really should be seeing the same results, this is quite puzzling. Let's try something different.

Here is a link to a 1PIF file. The 1PIF (1Password Interchange Format) file consists of a single dummy Credit Card item. The only notable thing about it is the long card number passes the AMEX checksum as being a valid number although still quite fictitious like the rest of the details. Download it to your desktop and then use the 1Password menu option 1Password > Import and follow the prompts. Do you see the same issue with this item as well?

• ajh0912
    ajh0912
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm interesting, that one auto filled just fine, then I copied the expiry from my own test card, and pasted it into the dummy card, and then it didn't auto fill properly

• ajh0912
    ajh0912
    Community Member
    Options

I think I've got the issue, if the month starts with 0, for example 01 or 09, then it doesn't auto fill properly

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018
    Options

Greetings @ajh0912,

So it was just by pure chance because of the random expiry date I'd picked. Having gone digging I've located an issue we have filed against 1Password 6 for Windows so it seems the right people are aware and know this needs to get fixed. I wish that helped you now but it doesn't and it isn't like you can change the expiry date on your card. Hopefully we can get this addressed given it applies to 3/4 possible months.

ref: OPW-1868

• ajh0912
    ajh0912
    Community Member
    Options

It's not a real bother to me, I created the posts to help get them fixed in the long term. Thanks for the follow up

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

and thank you @ajh0912 for taking the time to report what you found as well. While in this particular case we might have already had a report filed it's good to be reminded it does still affect people and if we hadn't already had a report then we needed one filed. All of these reports help us make 1Password better.

This discussion has been closed.