Feature request: lock 1Password when minimized

hagu
hagu
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I am using the new 1Password 7 (beta) for Windows.

I would like to know if you plan to add the capability that I believe we had back in 1Password 4 for the app to lock itself on every minimization and not just after 30 seconds.

Second. I believe that it is really important that you add a security feature for the app to ask for my Master Password **before ** it allows me to export any of my passwords in plain text. If I have a virus and someone else has control over the machine it is trivial for them to wait till I unlock 1Password and then simply export all my passwords.................. I do not believe that this is acceptable, (I understand that keystrokes can be potentially monitored, however, I do not type my password).

Hope I was able to explain. :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I am using the new 1Password 7 (beta) for Windows. I would like to know if you plan to add the capability that I believe we had back in 1Password 4 for the app to lock itself on every minimization and not just after 30 seconds.

@hagu: That isn't a feature we have plans for. After all, if you're there to minimize 1Password and you're actively using it enough to prevent it locking due to 30 seconds of inactivity, it's okay for 1Password to stay unlocked in that case.

Second. I believe that it is really important that you add a security feature for the app to ask for my Master Password **before ** it allows me to export any of my passwords in plain text. If I have a virus and someone else has control over the machine it is trivial for them to wait till I unlock 1Password and then simply export all my passwords.................. I do not believe that this is acceptable, (I understand that keystrokes can be potentially monitored, however, I do not type my password). Hope I was able to explain. :)

It's something we can consider, but keep in mind that it will not make a difference in the scenario you're describing. If your computer is compromised, and someone other than you is able to try to export the data...well, they can already view all of it anyway. Nothing can protect you once someone else is in control of your machine, and we don't want to offer "security theater" that gives people the impression that they are safe under those circumstances.

• hagu
    hagu
    Community Member

I understand. Thank you for the responce :) (sorry for the title)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome, and no worries! This way no one has a heart attack, and anyone else who is interested in the same feature will be able to find your post. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.