1Password 7 Disables Mouse while Editing Secure Notes

Options
r26gray
r26gray
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I'm not sure if this is a glitch, or by design. If this is by design, this would be a request of a sort. For the reference, currently I am using Logitech MX Master on iMac, late 2012.

Whenever I edit a secure note on the beta, going into the editing mode disables my mouse. It doesn't disable the whole smack, just the scrolls (horizontal and vertical) and additional buttons (back/forward/3rd button) on it. Horizontal scrolls and the 3rd button on the side (logitech calls this gesture button) are connected to the mission control related settings. For instance, I can use the scroll to move around the spaces under normal circumstances; once the editing starts, I can't do that. In order to restore these functions, I have to save the note, and stop editing it.

The same cue on the Magic Trackpad to call mission control (i.e. use four fingers to swipe around spaces) was still working. I was quite confused when I found out about this inconsistency. If this is by design, I think it would be better if there was an on/off settings on the preferences to lessen the confusion.

1Password Version: 7.0.beta-18
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@r26gray: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble there! Unfortunately this isn't something 1Password is doing. We're just using the standard text frameworks. For me, the only thing that happens when typing in a notes field is, as with any other text field on macOS, the mouse cursor disappears to get out of the way. And again, this isn't actually something 1Password is doing, just how it works in the OS. It sounds like there may be an issue with the Logitech driver. Are you using a driver or controller software from them for that? I have had issues with their stuff in the past, though mostly on Windows. I'm glad that things are working as expected with Apple's hardware at least though.

• r26gray
    r26gray
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

The mouse came with Logitech's software called Logitech Options. I've tested if same thing would happen on 1Password 6, and it did. Just to be sure, I've double checked on another Mac as well. So I'm guessing this issue is on the mouse driver's part, not 1Password. I'm wondering how I should report this glitch over to Logitech though, as I am yet to see this problem being replicated on another software.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018
    Options

@r26gray: Oh, that's the one... I hate it so much! :lol: Yeah, I wouldn't be sure where to begin with them either. Have you tried just uninstalling the software? I lost like one or two features when I did, but I was glad to make the tradeoff to avoid the other issues I was having. It's worth a shot. But it's also possible there's another version available.

ref: apple-1347

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @r26gray, thanks for pointing this out. We are aware of the problem and are working to fix it. Thanks :).

This discussion has been closed.