Cannot find the Licensed version of 1Password for Android to add to existing Mac ecosystem

HollyLisle
HollyLisle
Community Member

THIS IS MISCATEGORIZED. 1Password 6 Beta was the only category it would let me choose.

I already have 1Password in the licensed version on two Macs and an iPhone.

I want to get the licensed version of Android 1Password for my new Samsung phone, and cannot:

• Find a place to buy the licensed version
  • Find instructions for adding the licensed version to my phone
  • Find any instructions for hooking up the licensed version to my existing installation

Am eager to buy the Android version and get it hooked up. Am NOT eager to find an alternative solution for my passwords, so I'm really hoping you can help me out.

1Password 6
Version 6.8.8 (688002)
AgileBits Store

1Password Version: 1Password 6
Extension Version: Version 6.8.8 (688002)
OS Version: Mac 10.13.4 (17E202), Android 8.0.0
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Own 1Password for Mac. Do not want subscription. Want to add Android device

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@HollyLisle: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! 1Password for Android is available in the Google Play store, and has an in-app purchase for the Pro Features.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

Either way, let me know if you have any other questions. :)

• HollyLisle
    HollyLisle
    Community Member

Hi, Brenty,

Thank you. I have synch set up in Dropbox, and hourly backups on multiple back-up drives.

On the whole SAAS phenomenon: Due to the mass migration to subscription apps and forced switchovers, I've had to drop favored software like Photoshop and other software I once liked. The folks moving to SAAS probably aren't losing a lot of customers, but they lost me. I have a budget that will not tolerate an ever-increasing monthly drain, so I do without or find single-purchase alternatives. (Like Affinity Photo, which ate Photoshop's lunch.)

So I'm grateful that you've maintained a non-subscription presence, because I love your software.

I need to make sure before I buy the pro version for the phone that the documentation for hooking everything up to my Dropbox storage still exists, though, because it's been a while since I've done it, and I didn't think to save a PDF of the instructions back then.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@HollyLisle: Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad to hear you're passionate about 1Password. Indeed, we have a guide for setting up Dropbox sync:

How to sync 1Password with Dropbox

But you probably won't need it: when you open the app for the first time after you install it from Google Play, that will be one of the options on the setup screen. Just sign in, select your vault, and you should be good to go. I hope this helps. Cheers! :)

• HollyLisle
    HollyLisle
    Community Member

Thanks very much. Your help is as great as your software.

• HollyLisle
    HollyLisle
    Community Member

Got it, installed, painless and flawless. Even the upgrade to pro was completely without agony. Thank you for the great software.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Hey, thanks for your support! it sounds like you should be all set, but we're here if you need us. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.