Duplicate entries after "Transfer"

Options
blissfool
blissfool
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I had upgraded to 1Password version 7 on 3 of my computers - Personal Laptop, Personal Desktop and Work Desktop.
I have been using Dropbox vault until now and I've just signed up for subscription. When I logged into 1Password account on my laptop, 1Password asked me if I wanted to transfer the existing vault, and I did that. When I logged into 1Password on my desktop, I did the same thing and now my personal vault has duplicate item. I wasn't sure if the "Transfer" was causing the issue, so as a test, I did it again on my work desktop and ... now I have triplicate :'(

Maybe I've missed the instruction where I not suppose to do that. So, two things

• Is there a way to delete duplicates?
  • I think there should be a warning on that "Transfer" screen that it shouldn't be done if the vault had been transferred from another installation.

1Password Version: 7.0.552
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: Windows 7 64bit
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @blissfool,

Thanks for reporting this!

We apologize about that, that's a scenario we didn't foresee, we'll need to fix this to let folks know that it is only needed to be done once.

Is there a way to delete duplicates?

Not easily but what you can do is delete all items in your 1Password account and import the vault you just used to transfer. You can import it via 1Password menu > Import, use the Agile Keychain or OPVault folder option to select the existing Dropbox vault and after that, you should be set.

• blissfool
    blissfool
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT
    That worked. Crisis averted. Thanks! :) :+1:

• MikeT
    Options

You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.