"Tab" on item in 1Password Mini

blissfool
blissfool
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I've recently started using 1Password 7 Beta on Windows. I've previously had been using version 4 and, in version 4, I use to be able to:
1. Click "Ctrl+\", which will show Mini window if there are multiple matching items.
2. Select an item using the arrow key then click the "Tab" key to open a sub menu which shows the userid and password.
3. Then select either one using the arrow key then click "Enter" to copy

This doesn't seem to work in mini any more. I have to right click the item, then mouse over userid or password then click on the copy icon (or select "copy" from the sub menu, which could be long if there are web form items)

I was wondering if I missed something, or if there is another keyboard "navigation" method, or if this was just not implemented in 7. If not, is there any plan to?

1Password Version: 7.0.552
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: Windows 7 64bit
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@blissfool: The obvious question is, why not just have 1Password fill the login credentials? I suspect there's a good reason, but I figured I should double check. :)

Anyway, you're totally right that it's not as quick to copy individual fields in 1Password mini. This is less "by design" and more "by necessity": this is a brand new app we've built from scratch, and 1Password mini is a work in progress and due for an overhaul. We needed to get it out there so that everyone could use it, but there's definitely room for improvement. Personally, I'd like more keyboard shortcuts. But we definitely want to make it quicker to get in, grab some info, and get out again. Thank you for your feedback on this! :)

• Hi @blissfool,

You can use the shortcut key (or if your keyboard doesn't have it, use Shift + F10) to bring up the context menu on the item in 1Password mini, use down/up arrow key to select which field you want to copy. Now, I am not sure why right arrow key didn't move to the last copy submenu but I'll file a bug report to fix that, you can press down key instead.

We do plan to implement Control + Shift + C shortcut that we have in the main 1Password interface to bring up username/password to copy immediately to 1Password mini.

• blissfool
    blissfool
    Community Member

@brenty Good question. I've noticed that version 7 definitely does more reliable job of filling in the fields so this shortcut might not be as critical any more. It's for 2 cases for me:

• Copying password to fill in password outside a browser (not frequent - like logging into Skype, Steam or Google Backup and SyncP
    • When autofill fails for some reason.

Might be 1 or 2 more cases but I can't recall right now.

@MikeT That sounds good. And maybe Control + Shift + U for copying userid and Control + Shift + P for password?

Thank you for your response!

• Hi @blissfool,

Copying password to fill in password outside a browser (not frequent - like logging into Skype, Steam or Google Backup and SyncP
    When autofill fails for some reason.

Hopefully, we'll address both when we implement Auto-Type in the future.

Control + Shift + U for copying userid and Control + Shift + P for password?

It's on the list, we're having some issues adding more shortcuts to work in 1Password mini but once that's addressed, we'll add these shortcuts.

This discussion has been closed.