Inactive 2FA Accounts

elDub
elDub
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

It looks like Watchtower is using twofactorauth.org to determine whether or not 2FA is available, but at least for the site blizzard.com I cannot find any way to utilize 1Password as the means of authentication. Blizzard has their own custom authenticator application, and I don't see any way to link a 3rd party authenticator. How would someone get 1Password to stop alerting them about something that they already have (the Blizzard authenticator) and cannot rectify (cannot put the needed information into 1Password)?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @elDub,

Simply add a 2FA tag to the item in question and it should cease alerting you to the blizzard item under watchtower.

Rudy

• elDub
    elDub
    Community Member

Is this the formal process, or just a workaround? Seems very illogical to tag something as 2FA to get around the check for 2FA.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2018

I'm not sure I follow. You said this account does have 2FA (as does my Blizzard account), so I'm not sure what seems illogical about tagging it as 2FA? It doesn't have TOTP, which is what 1Password supports, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have 2FA.

Ben

• elDub
    elDub
    Community Member

To instruct a user to TAG a record as 2FA (therefore cluttering up the USER'S custom list of tags), just to bypass a warning generated by 1Password to the user that they need to be setting up 2FA is very much illogical. For one, a user has no idea or documentation provided that the tag of 2FA has such a special purpose. Secondly, I shouldn't be expected to be required to organize my logins by whether or not they have 2FA, just to bypass the said warnings. I should be expected to be able to rectify the situation that is triggering the warning from within 1Password rather than telling 1Password to ignore it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Alternatively, you can not tag it. It's just a suggestion based on your query, not an imperative. :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

For one, a user has no idea or documentation provided that the tag of 2FA has such a special purpose.

This is mentioned under Identify logins that support two-factor authentication in our Watchtower article:

If you use another app to manage two-factor authentication, add a 2FA tag to prevent it from appearing in this list.

This discussion has been closed.