I've been added to a team but can sign into team 'A member with this email address already exists'

lionel
lionel
Community Member

I had a 1password account as an individual, but using my work email address. Work then set up a team, but when I tried the team invite it told me 'A member with this email address already exists.' So I deleted/closed my original account (I wasn't using it anyway) and tried again to respond to the team invite, but got the same message : 'A member with this email address already exists.' I've even tried uninstalling the app from all devices. How do I join my team? thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:A member with this email address already exists.

Comments

• Hi @lionel,

This would indicate that you already have an account set up within the team. If you do not have the credentials for this account, and don’t have any data of value stored in it, please have the team administrator delete that account for you, and then re-invite you.

For what it is worth it is actually possible to use the same email address across different account types. I could, for example, use my @agilebits.com email address for an individual account, a 1Password Families account, as well as our AgileBits 1Password Business account. I couldn’t set up a second account within our AgileBits 1Password Business account using the same email address though. The restriction is using the same email address for multiple accounts within a membership.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.