Manual sync between Windows 7 beta & Android

tuur
tuur
Community Member
edited March 2018 in Android

So I've updated my Windows client to the 7 beta and now I'm stuck.
I've been syncing my agilekeychain with Google Drive to my phone but since the new 7.0 windows version only supports the OPVault format I can't do this anymore. The new windows client also doesn't seem to have a WLAN server option yet.

1Password Version: 7.0.529
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Local (Google Drive)

Comments

• AlwaysSortaCurious
    AlwaysSortaCurious
    Community Member
    edited March 2018

Can’t speak to all your options or sync issues, but there is a post in windows beta forum discussing the wlan feature on windows and agilebit’s desire to move away from it.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/417807

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I've been syncing my agilekeychain with Google Drive to my phone but since the new 7.0 windows version only supports the OPVault format I can't do this anymore.

@tuur: Thanks for getting in touch! While Google Drive has never been a supported sync method, can you tell me what the situation is where you're unable to use OPVault?

The new windows client also doesn't seem to have a WLAN server option yet.

Indeed, WLAN Server is a pretty terrible experience for the vast — vast — majority of people, so we're not sure it makes sense to put the time and energy into developing, testing, and supporting it in the new app, as we'd be starting from scratch. I'd love to get a better sense of your specific use case though.

• tuur
    tuur
    Community Member

I just sync the folder itself via Google Drive, never had any problems.
    The problem is the Windows 7 app and Android app just aren't compatible when local syncing.

The Android app can only open agilekeychains locally and the Windows app can only open opvaults locally.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I just sync the folder itself via Google Drive, never had any problems.

@tuur: Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying!

The problem is the Windows 7 app and Android app just aren't compatible when local syncing.

Ah, yes indeed, 1Password for Android doesn't support OPVault for local storage. You could, however, use Dropbox.

The Android app can only open agilekeychains locally and the Windows app can only open opvaults locally.

You're completely right. We have no plans to add AgileKeychain support to the Windows app, but we'll see if we can add OPVault support to folder sync on Android in the future. Thank you for bringing this up!

ref: OPA-1457

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Just a quick update here: We've released a new beta of 1Password for Android with full OPVault support a few hours ago. If you're interested, sign up for the beta if you're in a hurry to use this feature. Cheers! :)

• tuur
    tuur
    Community Member

Thanks! It's working perfectly for me!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tuur: Likewise, thank you for getting back to me, and participating in the beta! Really excited to be moving everything to OPVault in version 7. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.