selective vault sync on iPhone (1P7 account)

Options
cpir
cpir
Community Member

Just moved to 1Password 7 account from 1P 6XX standalone. I have 4 vaults on my Mac and just want to sync 2 of then with my iPhone. Is there a way to do that? I can unselect vaults so that they are not included in display of all vaults but they are still there and syncing.

Thank you!

1Password Version: 7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: my.1password.com

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @cpir

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I’m only aware of two ways to do that, and neither was really designed with this use-case in mind... so admittedly they are more ‘workarounds’ than anything.

1. If you’re using a multi-user membership (anything other than individual) you could create a second account for yourself within that membership and then have the 2nd account only have access to the select vaults you want to have on mobile devices. Note that you will not be able to share the Private vault, so it may make sense to not use that.
    2. You could leverage Travel Mode to accomplish this: https://support.1password.com/travel-mode/ However, this would affect all devices, so on your Mac you’d need to use the web interface to access the vaults that have been marked as not safe for travel. As such option #1 may be preferable.

It is possible that we’ll have a more tailored solution for this problem in the future, but to be honest there hasn’t been a ton of demand for it thus far.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• cpir
    cpir
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Ben!

No I am not using a multi-user membership and tried the Travel Mode but this way the vaults are removed from my Mac as well.

Can I still sync just 2 vaults using 1P7 standalone using Dropbox or WLAN server?

• Ben
    Options

You’re very welcome. Membership does include the ability to use standalone vaults, so that would be possible, however you’d want to make sure that you have good reliable Time Machine or similar backups as you’d lose out on the 1Password.com backups for those vaults. You can enable standalone vaults in 1Password for Mac under 1Password > Preferences > Advanced. Do note that the 1Password apps will unlock with the Master Password of the first standalone vault (“Primary”) instead of your 1Password.com credentials in this case.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.