Why a different Master Password on Windows machine from Apple devices

I put 1password on my Windows 10 machine. I downloaded the latest version, and it had me sign up through the website, using a master key and all that. I'm syncing via Dropbox, but instead of using the Master Password I set up a long time ago on my Apple devices, the Windows version wants the password I used in setting up on Windows. I thought the point was to have one password? Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Editguy,

Sorry for the confusion!

It seems that you have been using a local vault synced via Dropbox on your Apple devices, but created a separate 1Password account while trying to set up 1Password on your Windows PC. This account is different from the standalone license and requires subscription. You can learn more about accounts here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

If you want to use your local vault in 1Password on your PC, you should download 1Password 4 for Windows, not 1Password 6. Additionally, please note that we are working on a new version of 1Password for Windows that will receive support for local vaults and standalone licenses and it will be released soon:

1Password 7 for Windows Release Candidate is here and yep, it is totally lit

Let me know if it helps. If you have other questions, feel free to raise them in your reply. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• Editguy
    Editguy
    Community Member

I did have 1Password 4, but it always read as a "Trial" version, so I thought I had to buy the new version. So I've paid twice for 1Password?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Editguy,

You should be able to activate your copy of 1Password 4 for Windows by going to Help > Enter License Key.

As for your second question, if you created your account recently, it should be on a free trial for the first 30 days. It means that you haven't paid anything. Moreover, if you need our help to identify the way you are using 1Password on your devices, please create Diagnostics Reports from one of your Apple devices and your Windows PC, so we could take a look at your current setup. Here is how:

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post them in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.