Can I edit a smart folder? How?

1Password Version: 7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.13.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hey Mr. K.,

Sorry, I couldn't resist the rhyme :)

Smart folders are essentially saved searches, so you can edit them through the Show Search Options display.

To edit a smart folder you can follow these steps:

• select the smart folder that you wish to edit from the sidebar
    • click the magnifying glass in the list view's search box and choose Show Search Options
    • make any changes to the search fields you desire and press Save

I hope that helps.

• Mr. K.
    Mr. K.
    Community Member
    Options

If you are referring to the magnifying glass to the left in this screenshot, then clicking that in 1P7 does nothing. But based on your info I did find the menu item under edit/find.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Mr. K. - apologies for the confusion. If you control-click (or right-click) on the name of the Smart Folder in the list view, you'll be able to choose "Edit." That should get you where you want to be.

• Mr. K.
    Mr. K.
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Nope, that does not work. Now here's a really strange thing... It will work if 1P7 is a background app (behind another app), then the right click does work to bring up the contextual menu. This screenshot shows 1P7 behind my Finder, and the Finder is the active app.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Mr. K. - Huh, that is strange. I'd recommend a restart of your Mac, as it's working just fine for me here. Either way, you'll be able to edit your Smart Folders now. Let us know if this behavior persists.

• Mr. K.
    Mr. K.
    Community Member
    Options

I restarted. Still a problem. No change.

• Mr. K.
    Mr. K.
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Further testing... This only works if a Finder or a Safari window is a forefront window. It does not work if another app is in front.

• Mr. K.
    Mr. K.
    Community Member
    Options

I've narrowed this problem down a bit. I have a MacBook Pro 13" Touch Bar and I use a Logitech Performance MX Mouse. I can access the contextual menus in the 1P7 sidebar if I use the trackpad and two fingers. Control-click either the trackpad or the mouse does not work.

• rudy
    Options

Please try not to replicate threads between beta and non-beta forums, it ends up being duplicate responses in both…

see my answer in https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/433481/#Comment_433481

This discussion has been closed.