1Password crashes on Windows 10 Spring Creators Update RTM [Windows glitch atm}

GotMilk4
GotMilk4
Community Member
edited May 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi,

I clean installed the Windows 10 Spring Creators RTM build via the ESDs available over Windows Update and discovered a crash bug with 1Password. It installs fine, but on boot (when launch on startup is enabled), the 1Password window appears (it does not hide itself), and entering in my password unlocks the vault but all items appear "loading..." and the UI becomes unresponsive until the app appears to crash (sudden close).

Just wanted to report this issue since the build is supposedly going public in less than a week's time - not sure where I'd find any relevant logs but I'd be happy to share if pointed in the right direction. 1Password did once give me the option to send a crash report when I launched it after it crashed and I did do so, so hopefully that'll help as well.

Cheers.

1Password Version: 6.8.534
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Windows 10 v1803, Build 17133.1
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @GotMilk4,

Thank you for reporting this! :+1:

Please share the crash report for 1Password 6 for Windows, it will be really really helpful. Here is how you can do that:

Save a crash report for 1Password 6 for Windows

Attach that report to an email to support+windows@agilebits.com, so we could take a closer look at what is going on. Please include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. You should also receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Post that number here so we can find it on our side.

Thanks again!

Cheers,
    Greg

• GotMilk4
    GotMilk4
    Community Member

Hey @Greg - I sent the crash report as requested and got a reply with the Support ID number [#TUK-62741-781]. Let me know if there's any more detail I can provide to help track this down!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @GotMilk4,

Found it on our side. We will take a look and get back to you soon. Thanks!

ref: TUK-62741-781

• isbyrne
    isbyrne
    Community Member

Hi,
    I have the exact same thing happening following Windows Spring update. Crash report sent but would appreciate an update as to whats happening with a fix, Thanks

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@isbyrne: Sorry to the troubles!

The crashes can happen for different reasons and we have to investigate each case separately. If you sent it to support+windows@agilebits.com, please tell me the Support ID that you received, so we could find your report on our side.

If you haven't created a separate crash report, please follow the steps to create one above and let me know what is your Support ID number.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• isbyrne
    isbyrne
    Community Member

Hi Greg,
    Sorry for late reply but I have been away from my computer. Crash report has now been sent. This is still happening when I boot but after a while passwords etc do load and 1password is useable, but changes certainly occurred after Windows update.
    Thanks,
    Iain

• Hi guys,

If you have Edge set as the default browser after installing Windows 10 April 2018 update, please try changing it to a different browser and reboot, does it stop the crashes?

• isbyrne
    isbyrne
    Community Member

Hi,
    Not much use to me as I only use Edge on phone and PC. Lastpass here I come

• MikeT
    edited May 2018

Hi @isbyrne,

Unfortunately, I understand. I'm not asking you to not use Edge, I'm asking if you can not set it as the default browser and see if it stops the crashes. The crashes we're seeing are not caused by 1Password but the way Windows launches Edge on 1803 when it is the default that causes 1Password to crash. We're seeing reports that 1Password is not alone here, it causes even Settings app to crash for some users and they weren't even using 1Password. The same code works fine on all Windows versions previous to 1803 update.

We're looking for a workaround but there's only so much we can do against a Windows problem.

This discussion has been closed.