Window Padding (Beta 7.0.532)

Options
User Name
User Name
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

When I snap the 1Password window to one side or corner of the screen, or use a tool like DisplayFusion to resize it, there is 8px of padding around all edges of the window.

Please don't do that.

1Password Version: 7.0.532
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Version 1709 (Build 16299.334)
Sync Type: 1Password Families

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2018
    Options

@User Name: Hmm. I hand't noticed that before, but I kind of like it. I agree that it isn't very Windows-like though, so it's probably something we should change. But I will secret hope that Microsoft adopts this padding at the OS level. :lol: Thanks for bringing this up! :)

ref: opw-2035

• wraith
    wraith
    Community Member
    Options

Snapping 1PW7beta doesn't respect the screen zones properly.

1Password Version: 7.0.532beta
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Window 10 - 1709 build 16299.309
    Sync Type: Local
    Referrer: forum-search:1password 7 beta screen snap

• wraith
    wraith
    Community Member
    Options

• trailmax
    trailmax
    Community Member
    Options

@wraith I think this issue can be related this: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/88133/bug-with-using-multiple-screens
    Something strange is happening with screen size and resolutions

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @wraith and @trialmax,

I've merged your posts into the previous thread that reported this.

This looks to be a side effect of us adding the border shadow to 1Password, it is adding the invisible padding for some reason. We'll get this fixed.

• wraith
    wraith
    Community Member
    Options

Yes looks like the same issue, I hadn't found that post when I searched before creating my own. Cheers.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

• User Name
    User Name
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for fixing this in 7.0.539

• MikeT
    Options

On behalf of the team here, you're welcome! We still have more polishing to do with regards to moving windows between mixed-sized monitors and quarter snapping (which isn't working perfectly yet).

• hubpf
    hubpf
    Community Member
    Options

I'm still seeing this at 7.0.539

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @hubpf,

We haven’t been able to reproduce this. How are you making it full screen? We fixed the conditions where you drag the window to the top to make it full screen and also, clicking on the maximize button. Is there something else you’re using to mimimize 1Password?

We haven’t fixed center max height, that’s in progress.

• hubpf
    hubpf
    Community Member
    Options

Maximize the window won't have this issue. But if you reduce the window size from maximized and pressing Alt+PrtSc to copy the current active window will get the above windows with edge.

• User Name
    User Name
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, actually "maximizing" the window in monitor that is split using DisplayFusion (in the monitor profile section, if you are unfamiliar with it) still results in padded borders.
    It is a third-party window management tool, but most other programs don't have an issue with it - nor did 1Password 6.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

Ah, yes. The other methods haven't been fixed yet, it's what we're working on next. We only fixed snapping and max button but manually resizing to the full screen or windows management API are not fixed.

• wraith
    wraith
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Hi @MikeT , I'm still having this issue in 7.0.553.

Full-screen maximise works... but if I snap to the left/right side of the screen I'm getting a ~5 pixel boundarry around the whole window.

• MikeT
    edited May 2018
    Options

Hi @wraith,

I cannot reproduce this normally without any third party apps, we did have that same issue but we've fixed it since and improved it.

I'll have to test with DisplayFusion after we ship 1Password 7.0 first and see what we need to fix there.

ref: OPW-2230

• wraith
    wraith
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT , I'm not using any apps (I have very few installed on that machine at all). I'm running Windows 10 1803 and the latest 1Password beta and when you use the windows snap feature (windows-key + left or right keypad) then it's not filling the screening correctly... That said, I just tested it on a different PC with Windows 10 1607 and it did work.. so perhaps it's something to do with the latest Windows 1803 build?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @wraith,

Considering the spike of bugs we're seeing after the 1803 update, I'm not going to be surprised if it is the case.

This discussion has been closed.