WLAN Sync

Options
ohreally
ohreally
Community Member
edited May 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

The team at AgileBits states 1Password 7 for Windows will support local vaults. Why isn't WLAN sync an option? For those who want to keep their vaults local, how else would they sync their vault to their iOS devices?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @ohreally,

Thank you for getting in touch! :+1:

At the moment, 1Password 7 for Windows supports syncing to our 1Password membership service, Dropbox, and folders that you can sync yourself to other PCs. We believe that 1Password accounts is the best and the most secure way to use 1Password right now, but if you are against any cloud, please sign up to our WLAN Sync mailing list and let us know what you think. It will help us determine how many people would like to see WLAN Server sync in 1Password 7. We also have a discussion in our forum, where we explain why we made this decision. Please check it out:

On WLAN Sync in 1Password 7

Feel free to join the discussion there. From my experience, WLAN Server sync can be a bad experience, because you can easily forget to sync all of your devices manually before you left home and then find yourself without your important data. I understand that your experience can be different, so please share your opinion. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• crkinard
    crkinard
    Community Member
    Options

WLAN sync is needed for us who:

1) Don't trust cloud services.
    2) Use Windows desktops but iPhones. (Cant use iCloud syncing.)

And my issue...
    3) Use Windows desktops but iPhones but don't use dropbox. (iPassword for iOS STILL only can use dropbox or iCloud to sync. I use OneDrive. Which means the only way I can sync to my iPhone is with WLAN sync.)

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @crkinard,

We'll reply to your post in the general WLAN sync thread. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.