1 Password leaves password field by entering "}"

lumarel
lumarel
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hey, when I create a new Item and the password has an "}" in it the "writing view" jumps to the search field.
I have an qwertz-keyboard layout so it may be another key on the querty one!

Thanks, lumarel

1Password Version: 7.0.553
Extension Version: 4.7.1.4
OS Version: Windows 10 1803 17134.48
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    edited May 2018

Hi @lumarel,

Thanks for reporting this.

I've added quartz keyboard layout but this is going to sound silly I know, I cannot find }. Can you tell me where it is? Also, can you reproduce it with the virtual keyboard from Windows?

Can you tell me which language you're using, it may be different for different country.

• gazu
    gazu
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

Edited: I misread the question

• lumarel
    lumarel
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

Hi @MikeT

No problem, that's just normal, I also have my troubles on the qwerty keyboard :chuffed:
    You have to press the right Alt key and then it should appear behind the 0 key :+1:
    And yes I'm also able to reproduce it with the virtual keyboard

The system language is en-us, the language of 1Password also english, but the keyboard map is de-at (which is the same as de-de)
    I've also testet it on an earlier build of mine (but Windows 10 1803 too) with all german de-at.

Okay... I might ran over the real problem, it also works with different key combinations with the right alt key, but only in the password field. So it might just is allowed to execute shortcuts in this field :+1:

Edit: Looks like you're using an czech keyboard layout, I think you will have to use the german one to find the "}" key there

• MikeT
    edited May 2018

Hi @lumarel,

Thanks, I was able to reproduce it with the alt key. We'll see if we can suppress it properly.

ref: OPW-2238

• lumarel
    lumarel
    Community Member

Ah ok great!

• 👍

This discussion has been closed.