Not retaining/restoring expanded/collapsed sidebar categories/tags/Watchtower when closed/reopened

Options
124»

Comments

• Ben
    Options

@thibaut

While there is still a fair list of bugs, fortunately most of them are minor and/or cosmetic in nature, and will be fixed in updates.

Ben

• Ben
    Options

@sardina266

I understand that even bugs that are cosmetic in nature can be extremely frustrating. I apologize for that. We do hope to have this fixed up soon.

Ben

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben,

I had intended to leave this but your comment provokes me.

It is clear that Version 7 has been pushed out for commercial reasons ahead of WWDC, when it would have been more prudent to have waited for this bug and other matters to have been resolved.

Enough said.

• Ben
    Options

I think we've pretty well beat this to death.

Ben

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member
    Options

For those who are concerned that 1PW 7 was officially released with this issue still unresolved I'd encourage you to look at it from a different perspective. Heretofore this issue was known only to the relatively small group of customers who choose to be beta testers. Now it will be highly visible to the much larger group of customers who initially purchase or upgrade to version 7. Rest assured AgileBits will come under even greater pressure to address it as a result. So in my view the official release will actually increase the likelihood that it will get fixed sooner rather than later.

• Ben
    Options

That is certainly an interesting perspective. :) Thanks for sharing, OAW.

Ben

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

@Ben An additional data point on this issue. As I mentioned some time ago the Lock when main window is closed preference is a workaround ... but only when 1PW is already locked. If you first unlock 1PW via the "mini" and then immediately launch the full app everything is collapsed again. So it appears that something about the "mini" and the full app are at odds with each other. Hopefully this will help track it down!

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Leon Guan

Early days but that would appear to be the case

• duncanbrook
    duncanbrook
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

7.0.1 the main window remembers the state of the sidebar items but now forgets its own position & dimensions. Seems to be behaving exactly as it did in the very first 7.0 beta.

In case there's some confusion, and I don't know what anybody else wants, but: I passionately desire a main app window that stays where & how I leave it and a sidebar that maintains its state. That's the sort of one-two knockout feature punch I count on 1Password to deliver.

Also, any other app ever.

Still, it would be nice.

I purchased a standalone license the day the 7.0 beta was announced. Had I known that the developers would release software they knew wasn't ready — as a paid upgrade — let's just say I wouldn't have pre-ordered. Given that a fix has been promised for two months, and we're right back where we started, I suspect soon I'll be asking for a refund of my purchase.

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

The release notes made no mention of it but the issue appears to be resolved for me as well in v. 7.0.1.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @OAW,

That could be because it was only affecting a minority of users.

• duncanbrook
    duncanbrook
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

edit: oh thank the good sweet baby steve jobs maybe the game of whack-a-mole is finally over; I think both issues are finally fixed (at the same time!) for me. See my comment below.

• ojix2
    ojix2
    Community Member
    Options

I am glad that the sidebar issue is finally fixed with 7.0.1.

@duncanbrook , I learned in this thread that the issue of its main window position and size is related to folder permissions problem. Please try the following in its order until the problem disappear. The main window's position and size is remembered with 7.0.1 in my environment.

1. use 1PasswordTroubleshooting app to repair permissions
    2. reboot Mac
    3. safeboot Mac and try First Aid with Disc Utilities
  • duncanbrook
    duncanbrook
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

as I edited to say above: oh thank the good sweet baby steve jobs maybe the game of whack-a-mole is finally over; I think both issues are finally fixed (at the same time!) for me.

7.0.1 fixed the sidebar collapse issue for me but reintroduced the window size/position problem. I thank & praise @ojix2, who is good and kind and magnanimous, for pointing me to the troubleshooting tool's repair permissions pane. I should say that this solution worked for me only once I killed the 1Password process prior to engaging the permissions repair tool.

It would be nice to have for reference a map of 1Password 7 preference/support/etc folder locations so that e.g. testers like me know where to go surveying to identify permissions issues and the like. I seem to remember something similar on the site way back when in the v3 or v4 time period. Perhaps it exists somewhere already?

More to the point, wouldn't it be great if 1Password checked up on those troublesome permissions during upgrades? You're already stopping the master 1Password process; just sneak in a little permissions clean-up while the app's down for the count. But I understand if it's a matter of "we don't want to ask for an admin password every time there's an upgrade."

Now that I have both issues addressed concurrently for the first time in two months, I'll never upgrade again! 7.0.1, I'm stuck with you forever!

• rudy
    edited May 2018
    Options

@duncanbrook:

//v7 data lives here
    ~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits

//v7 extension helper's container
    ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword7-helper

//v7 main app's container
    ~/Library/Containers/com.agilebits.onepassword7

//native message host's container for Chrome-alike and Firefox-alike support
    ~/Library/Containers/com.agilebits.onepasswordnativemessaginghost

// when SAE returns
    ~/Library/Containers/com.agilebits.onepassword7.1PasswordSafariAppExtension

//v4-6 Mac App Store
    ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper

//v4-6 WebStore data directory
    ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/

Rudy

• duncanbrook
    duncanbrook
    Community Member
    Options

@rudy that's fantastic. Thank you.

• Ben
    Options

On behalf of Rudy you’re most welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.