1password crashes every time when using navigator extension or mini

Options
vincentm
vincentm
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Since update to beta 16 or 17, 1password crashes every time just after I submit my password from the navigator extension, when I click on the 1password icon in the top menu bar, or when I launch 1password mini using the global keyboard shortcut.
It happens on two computers, one running OS X 10.13.4 and the other running OS X 10.13.5 latest beta.
I've reinstalled 1password, the navigator extensions, I did reset everything using 1password troubleshooting tool: it did not solve anything.
For now, I can only use 1password from the main app, which is very painful.
Thanks for any hint on how to solve this!

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-18
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.4, 10.13.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@vincentm: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Can you tell me what you mean by "navigator" though? Is that another 3rd part extension? Please give me the details, and the exact steps you're taking.

• vincentm
    vincentm
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Hi @brenty

I can reproduce the issue in multiple ways:

if 1password is locked

• I click on the 1password icon in OS X top menu bar, I'm prompted for my password (or fingerprint scan), I enter it. If the password is correct, then 1password mini (and 1password7 main app, if launched) crashes
    • same behavior if I launch 1password mini using the global keyboard shortcut
    • same behavior if, from Safari (11.1 or 11.1.1, using extension 4.7.1), I click on the 1password icon in Safari, or use the Safari keyboard shortcut to launch the extension
    • same behavior from Chrome (66.0.3359.181, using extension 4.7.1.90)
    • same behavior from Firefox (66.0.1, using extension 4.7.1.90)
    • From 1password 7 app, no issue

if 1password is unlocked

• same as above, except that it just crashes when I press the icon button or enter the keyboard shortcut
    • From 1password 7 app, no issue
  • Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2018
    Options

Hi @vincentm

Thank you for the detailed information. We’d like to investigate this further. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/90212/1password-crashes-every-time-when-using-navigator-extension-or-mini
    • Your forum username: vincentm
    • The name / email address you have been submitting crash reports under. If you haven’t been submitting crash reports, or you have been submitting them without a name / email attached, please start doing so and include that information

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• vincentm
    vincentm
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Ben
    Support ID number is #FEJ-81499-995

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2018
    Options

Thank you. We’ll review that information and be in touch as soon as possible. :)

Ben

ref: FEJ-81499-995, apple-694

• pmcarrion
    pmcarrion
    Community Member
    Options

1Password has been crashing on my Mac for the last several betas. I have submitted the auto-generated crash reports to AgileBits and Apple.

I have the same issue reported on this discussion.
    1Password mini and 1Password browser extensions crash after entering the password.
    Furthermore, the 1Password application also crashes after entering the password.

The crash occurs before and after unlocking on either interface (mini, extension or full app).
    Before this version (7b18), most of the crashes happened a few seconds after entering the password. It unlocks successfully and then crashes after a few seconds. - This still happens with 7b18 but less often.
    From version 7b18, most of the crashes happen a few seconds after entering the password. It never unlocks, hangs and then crashes.

I have already generated a 1PasswordTroubleshooting report right after the crash.
    Please provide instructions on how to send you the report.
    Thanks!

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2018
    Options

@pmcarrion

Same instructions as here, just replace vincentm's username with yours (pmcarrion). :)

Thanks.

Ben

ref: apple-1165

• pmcarrion
    pmcarrion
    Community Member
    Options

My support ID # GXW-68869-542.
    Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pmcarrion: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: GXW-68869-542

• chiggler
    chiggler
    Community Member
    Options

I have exactly the same problem. I have tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the program and browser extensions and reboot, no luck. 1password 7 crashes consistently every time i click either a browser extension button or the menu bar icon at the top of the screen. the only way the app opens is by opening the dock icon or via finder applications. Support ticket #TYR-86887-821

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@chiggler: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you as soon as we're able! :)

ref: TYR-86887-821

• vincentm
    vincentm
    Community Member
    Options

Still crashing after the latest update, however, I managed to make it work: I've emptied the trash and deleted an unamed and empty smart folder, and it does not crash anymore.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's really interesting. Thanks for the update, and for letting us know what worked for you. Perhaps that will help someone else as well.

This discussion has been closed.