Filling in linkedin.com

mzel
mzel
Community Member

I am not sure this worked in 1P4 either. 1P7 fills in the password for me, but not the username. Linkedin normally stores your account, and asks for password only, so it never bothered me much.
I tried manually typing in my email in the username field and manually saved it, but on the next attempt it is still left empty.

1Password Version: 7.0.543
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mzel: Can you give me the URL where you're having trouble, and the browser and extension version? I don't recall having issues there, but I'll be happy to test it to see if there's something we can improve.

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

It is the same https://linkedin.com/ , but it looks differently from that if you start anew. Log in to it, and then sign out. You will see the page where the login and password are two edits at the top of the page. BTW 1P4 also has the same problem

• Hi @mzel,

Thanks for reporting it. I've moved your thread to our Saving and Filling in Browsers forum as this is a filling issue, our 1Password extension team can figure it out quickly to see where the issue is since we reuse the same extension's filling code across all platforms.

Do you mean this page:

For me, 1Password 7 did fill both fields in when I used a new Login item. Can you fill both fields in but don't submit, click on the 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar, then click on Settings to select Save new Login and save it as a new Login item (don't update).

Does that improve at all?

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

Yes, that worked, thanks. It looks like it populated a different field in the 1P Linkedin entry

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Mike, you are most welcome! Indeed, in many cases manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form to fill better. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.