Comment about Watchtower 2.0

wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Lounge

I've gone through Watchtower 2.0. I am getting Duplicate Passwords for vaults which happens to be the Login item password and the corresponding Password Category password, shown twice. It does work but the Password Category is automatically generated from changing passwords within the Login.

It might be best if this discussion goes to 1Password for Teams?

In Watchtower, pre 2.0, I think Password Category was not automatically included?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @wkleem,

Those Password items are probably redundant and everything you need should be in the Login item. If that's the case for you, the best way to clean this up would be to delete the duplicate Password items.

• pbGuy
    pbGuy
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

Regarding Watchtower's review for weak passwords, I'd like to request an available Option to set a PIN (normally 4 - 8 digits) for a web site, to a Designation that separates the PIN from password review so PINs will not continually appear as weak. ...If a web site requires a PIN, in the login procedure, one has to include one; and it is disconcerting to have Watchtower persist in the over bearing "weakness" designation.

Such an Option could also be available for Security Question answers, so after certain number of alpha-numeric characters, the weakness designation is either dimmed or simply recognized (by Watchtower) as not being a password in the true sense.

I'm using 1PW7 Membership (across macOS & iOS) with Ext Ver 4.7.1

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Definitely on our radar. Thanks for the feedback! :) :+1:

ref: apple-1297

This discussion has been closed.