1Password Data Sources

mbushnell
mbushnell
Community Member

I had to reload 1Password after having to reinstall Mac OS on my hard drive of my iMac. I downloaded my 1Password data from my Dropbox account.
Now I have a total of 387 all items on this iMac. On my MacBook Pro & my iPhone/iPad, I have of 492 all items & there are recent items missing from my iMac.
I guess that I should have used another source (iCloud?) for my 1Password data. How can I update my iMac's 1Password so that it has all of my items?
Mark.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mbushnell: Indeed, it does sound like you selected a different vault than the one you wanted. Unfortunately we can't tell you what the "correct" one would be, as that's something only you could possibly know. But you should be able to check on your other device to see where it's syncing the data. If it isn't, you could set it up to sync, and then point the iMac to that same data as well. Let me know how it goes! :)

• mbushnell
    mbushnell
    Community Member

O.K., I'm still having the same issue.
    Looking at the Tech Support Web Site, it says to:

Open and unlock 1Password.
    From the 1Password menu, choose Preferences.
    Click the Sync icon, then select the vault you want to sync.
    Choose Dropbox from the “Sync vault with” menu.

The Preferences window on my iMac (the computer missing logins) does not show a "Sync" button. The buttons go from "Browsers" to "Updates". "Sync", "WLAN Server", & "Backup" are missing.

On the other hand, my MacBook Pro has all of the buttons in the Preferences window.

Both computers are running 1Password 6.8.9 (689001).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mbushnell: If you're missing the "Sync" Preferences tab, it's because you've setup the app with a 1Password.com account; those don't have a sync configuration at all, because it's built into the service. Have you migrated your data to the account already?

This discussion has been closed.