Quick Open within 1Password Mini

mfilej
mfilej
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

First of all, I just wanted to say that I'm a big fan of both Quick Open and the new Mini window! Now I only wish I could use them together - that is if Mini supported ⇧⌘O so I could switch vaults with it. Allow me to elaborate: Ever since switching to an 1Password account I have many more Vaults than I used to have, and it is hard to remember their respective ⌘-numbers for effective switching. It becomes even harder when you add or remove a Vault and (depending on the alphabetical order) they change around. (And in this transitional period when I'm not yet running the beta on my work computer it's even harder to remember the numbers because the Vaults are ordered differently in versions 6 and 7).

So to recap, having the ability to switch vaults using some kind of fuzzy search instead of ⌘-N shortcuts would be super useful to me. It doesn't even have to be the Quick Open dialog itself if that doesn't make sense conceptually - maybe just typing the name of a Vault into Mini would be enough to bring it up and switch to it if it is selected?

Thank you for all the hard work!

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-16
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4 (17E202)
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Hi mfilej,
    You can search the contents of all your vaults by selecting the "All Vaults" vault (⌘-0).
    Is there anything about the fuzzy search that works better for you above searching "All Vaults"? Is it the fuzzy nature or that the results specify their vault in the results?

• mfilej
    mfilej
    Community Member

Hi,

⌘-0 works great if the item I'm searching for is located in one of the Vaults included in "All Vaults". When I want to access something else though, for example in my Work vault, I need to switch to that specific vault.

I guess I'm not asking for fuzzy search specifically - only a way to address the target Vault by name and not just by number. Does that make sense?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Gotcha. We'll continue to discuss these things and see what works best. Thanks for letting us know your preference! :)

• mfilej
    mfilej
    Community Member

Hi again!

This release note made my day:

You can now use Command-L (⌘L) in 1Password mini to open the vault list.

This completely solves my problem, thank you so much!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That's so great! I think I'm going to use that a lot too. Enjoy your weekend. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.