Cannot disable "Always keep 1Password Extension Helper running"

sonenthal
sonenthal
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I am unselecting "Always keep 1Password Extension Helper running" and it always re-checks this when I restart the app. I do not have the browser extension installed, I do not want this preference turned on, any ideas?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.0.BETA-12 (70000012) AgileBi
Extension Version: none
OS Version: OSX 10.13.4
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sonenthal: Indeed, sorry for the trouble there. We'll get that fixed.

But just to be clear, 1Password needs to be running in order to work at all. So unless you quit 1Password completely, it will be running any time you use it, even with that disabled, not just if you tried to use it in the browser.

Out of curiosity though, is there a particular reason you are not using the 1Password browser extensions?

• sonenthal
    sonenthal
    Community Member

Fully understand about needing to run 1Password to use it! I used to use the extensions, but decided to stop using them for now just because I am not needed the service to be running when I am not using 1Password i.e. not logging into that many services right now, out of school and just trying to minimize my use of resources since I have an older lightweight mac. Probably will start using the extensions again the future, bottom line, I like the control over when it does run and when it does not.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2018

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Ben

ref: apple-196

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sonenthal: Sounds good. :) I just wanted to make sure you weren't avoiding using the extensions out of caution, as they actually offer better security than copying and pasting. Cheers! :)

• untested_gnue
    untested_gnue
    Community Member

Just letting you know that it's still happening (cannont disable "Always keep 1Password Extension Helper running") with 1Password 7
    Version 7.0.1 (70001002) AgileBits Store.

ref.
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/433421
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/87905

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, thanks for your patience while we investigate.

This discussion has been closed.