How may I merge or delete duplicates?

Options
chazzunokuthunuchtec
chazzunokuthunuchtec
Community Member

I searched the forums but the responses I found were closed with no responses after the original post/question. I have been a long time user of 1Password with a license, but tonight I upgraded to 1Password 7 through the Mac app store, and did my best to upgrade to 1Password for Families. I now have duplicates, some show as being in the "private" vault and the duplicate in the Dropbox primary vault.

1Password Version: 7.0
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1Password and I guess also Dropbox both?
Referrer: forum-search:duplicate

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@chazzunokuthunuchtec: If all of your data is in your 1Password.com account, you should remove the Primary vault (Preferences > Advanced > disable local vaults), as indicated in the migration guide:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#sign-in-and-migrate-your-data

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• chazzunokuthunuchtec
    chazzunokuthunuchtec
    Community Member
    Options

I get the feeling that they are now in separate vaults, hence one showing as being in 1Password private and the other being in Dropbox. When I unchecked the Dropbox vault I no longer saw all the duplicates.
    I had been using Dropbox before this so that I could sync my home computer (iMac) and work computer (Windows 10). At work I have 1Password 4 but I don't have admin rights on that computer and may need to ask the service desk to remove 1Password 4 and install 1Password 6?
    Should I still try to merge the duplicates? or delete them? I remember a point in the upgrade process when it told me to upgrade the vault itself from one type to another, something called OPVault I think.

• chazzunokuthunuchtec
    chazzunokuthunuchtec
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Because these are separate vaults I don't believe the logins are linked and thus don't sync.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@chazzunokuthunuchtec: Correct. Separate vaults will not sync with each other. And local vaults (like the Primary, or any stored in Dropbox) will not sync through your 1Password.com account. But you can move items from your Primary vault to the Personal/Private vault in your 1Password.com account. Once you have all of your data in your account, you won't need the local vault anymore. Let me know how it goes!

• chazzunokuthunuchtec
    chazzunokuthunuchtec
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. This may be closed.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sure thing! Don't hesitate to create a new discussion if you have any other questions. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.