Firefox addon crashing & no new entry while showing 2 vaults

Options
chri1456
chri1456
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hey guys,
I upgraded from 1Password 4 to 7 on Windows 7 (64 bit). At the moment I'm using version 7.0.533, Firefox 60.0.1 (64 bit) with 1Password-addon 4.7.1.90.

I'm running into two problems at the moment:
(1) The 1 Password addon is constantly crashing. Is there a special addon version for version 7? I didn't find one ...

I already deleted and reinstalled the addon. I also used the "Refresh Firefox" function which deleted all addons starting everything from scratch (anoying process ... more information: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings). I even just installed the 1Password addon after using the refresh firefox function, but the addon is still crashing, restarting, crashing, ... All other addons are working perfectly - starting a new firefox profile is not an option. What can I do?

The small pop up tells me "1Password for Windows desktop funktioniert nicht mehr. Ein Problem hat die richtige Ausführung dieses Programms verhindert. Schließen Sie das Programm -> Progamm schließen" (1Password for Windows desktop doesnt work anymore ... -> close program). Just the addon is restarting after hitting the "close program" button.

The only way to stop the addon from crashin is to deactivate it using the Firefox addon management. At the moment I have to copy all logins from the 1Password standalone app. Pretty anoying!! :angry:

(2) I'm using two vaults. One vault is set as primary vault for inserting new object. But the "add new object" (+) button is inactive viewing two vaults at the same time. Showing just one vault, I can add new objects using the + button. What can I do?

Thanks for your help!
Cheers, Chris

1Password Version: 7.0.533
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: Win7 (64 bit)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @chri1456,

Thanks for reporting this.

I'm sorry this upgrade didn't go well for you.

The crash is not coming from the add-on but the 1Password's Native Messaging process that we use to communicate between 1Password extension and the main 1Password app. That's why you're getting the generic Windows crash dialog (1Password for Windows desktop funktioniert nicht mehr.).

Do you have 1Password 4 still installed? If yes, can you uninstall 1Password 4 (your vaults won't be affected), reboot, and see if 1Password 7 is not crashing anymore?

If it is, can you email us your 1Password diagnostics report, so we can see why it is not working properly for you. Please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

(2) I'm using two vaults. One vault is set as primary vault for inserting new object. But the "add new object" (+) button is inactive viewing two vaults at the same time. Showing just one vault, I can add new objects using the + button. What can I do?

This is a confirmed bug and we're working on fixing this right now, it'll be fixed in the next beta update. For now, you have to select the vault you want to create a new item.

• chri1456
    chri1456
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT

thank you so much for your answer and your awesome response time!

Indeed version4 was installed at the same time (for backup reasons). I uninstalled it without problems and restarted my machine. Unfortunately, the problem remains. I also reinstalled the addon after uninstalling version 4 because the report shows no known or connected browsers (don't know what that means of course ... ;-))

I sent the report some minutes ago and added the link and username.

Thanks so much for investigating the problem!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @chri1456,

I haven't seen any email from you yet, did you get a reply back from out BitBot? If yes, it should have a support ID # in it, can you share it here.

• chri1456
    chri1456
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT,

I wrote the mail twice and didn't get an answer. Support@... worked. #MDZ-37984-983

• MikeT
    Options

We got your email, thanks. We'll reply as soon as possible.

I sent a test email to windows+support@, no problem here. Maybe your email client/service doesn't like + symbol?

This discussion has been closed.