Please Confirm/Correct the Steps in this 1P6 (MAS) license to 1P7 (Agile Site) license Upgrade

Options
The Doctor
The Doctor
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Mac

Hi Guys,

This is going to be a pretty specific use case, but I assume also fairly common. Happy to take it to e-mail if you prefer but also know you prefer either Forum OR e-mail.

Here's the deal, I have a small Apple oriented consulting company. 1Password is one of handful of Apps we recommend all our clients use and the ONLY password manager. Clients are split about 70 / 30 between License and Membership folks. (No we don't charge them extra for 1P. In fact, we just have them buy it directly so it's in their name and then help them get everything working)

A while back, you guys had decided to move to MAS and said website version was going away so we shifted our clients to MAS. You later changed your minds and kept the website version as an option. I assume customer demand drove that decision. No problem.

However, now I am about to start shifting all my 1P 6.x (MAS) Licensed customers to 1P7 (Agile site) Licensed unless they decide to go subscription. Like my title says, I really could use some help having one of the gurus @Ben @Lars @brenty @Megan to weigh in on the steps below and confirm, correct, or suggest better ones.

Assume all users are running the latest 1P6.X and are using .agilekeychain and NOT .opvault on at least two OSX devices (iMac and MacBook) and two iOS devices (iPhone and iPad)

## Prep

1. Disable iMac Sync
    * Question: The agilekeychain -> opvault conversion article mentions a "Delete Data from Dropbox" option. Does that prompt automatically come up when I select the "Disable Sync" option?
  2. Disable Macbook Sync
  3. Disable iPhone Sync
  4. Disable iPad Sync
  5. Reenable iMac Sync (Which should create a new .opvault on Dropbox using the local data on the iMac, correct?)
  6. Reenable MacBook Sync and point to newly created .opvault on Dropbox
  7. Reenable iPhone Sync and point to newly created .opvault on Dropbox
  8. Reenable iPad Sync and point to newly created .opvault on Dropbox
  9. At this point all devices should be running 1P6.X but using the new .opvault structure and a test change should flow across all four devices, correct?

## Upgrade from 1P6 to 1P7 using iMac as initial device

1. Download latest 1P7 build from Agilebits site
  2. Quit 1P6 and 1P6 mini on iMac
  3. Quit 1P6 and 1P6 mini on MacBook
  4. Run 1P7 install package on iMac
  5. Launch 1Password 7.app on iMac
  6. 1P7 should find the local vault and load it, then present me with a welcome page with subscription and license options
  7. Click the "Need a license? We have those too." blue text
  8. Fill in required payment information on the page served up by FASTSPRING
  9. 1P7 should now be fully registered and enabled
  10. On iMac, select sync method from preferences and point to OPVAULT created in step 6 of PREP above
  11. iMac should be fully enabled for syncing
  12. Run 1P7 install package on MacBook
  13. Launch 1Password 7.app on MacBook
  14. 1P7 should find the local vault and load it, but SHOULD find license information in the iCloud Keychain.
  15. 1P7 should now be fully registered and enabled on MacBook. If it does not automatically register, I should copy the license key information from the fastspring registration e-mail and into where ?? Does a License field appear at some point?
  16. On MacBook, select sync method from preferences and point to OPVAULT created in step 6 of PREP above
  17. MacBook should be fully enabled for syncing
  18. Launching 1P on iPhone should work without any further changes
  19. Launching 1P on iPad should work without any further changes
  20. Create Secure note on iMac extolling the virtues of Agilebits
  21. Confirm that secure note has synced to MacBook, iPhone, and iPad, then raise adult beverage whilst shouting Skol!

I know these were a LOT of steps and might be more detail than most folks need, but since we will likely be doing this, literally, hundreds of times, I figured it would be great to have the steps listed and confirmed. I hope it is also helpful to some other folks who have similar use cases.

Thanks!!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018
    Options

@The Doctor

I have a small Apple oriented consulting company. 1Password is one of handful of Apps we recommend all our clients use and the ONLY password manager.

First of all, wow, thank you - we're very glad you choose us to recommend. You guys rock. This reply will be a bit long and technical, mostly because It's quite obvious you can handle it but also because it's clear you're looking for this level of detail.

A while back, you guys had decided to move to MAS and said website version was going away so we shifted our clients to MAS.

Maybe someone who's been here longer than I have can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been here since late summer 2014 and I do not remember this, ever. What we did do at one point was -- due to changes Apple made to iCloud -- say that iCloud sync was going away from "our" version of 1Password. For a time after the switch from Documents & Data format to the iCloud Drive format, Apple restricted the use of iCloud APIs to apps that had been purchased from the Mac App Store. Overnight, people who had been using "our" version and syncing via iCloud were left with the choice of either re-purchasing from the Mac App Store or switching to Dropbox or WLAN sync.

OK. On to your steps!

Preface: 1Password 7 for Mac will convert Agile Keychains to OPVaults as part of the initial setup. Important - this import will be done from the SQLite file in the user's Library folder on the local disk, NOT the Agile Keychain. If 1Password 7 finds old 1Password 6 data in ~/Library/Conainers... (which is where the sandboxed Mac App Store version of 6.x stored it, it will import that. If it finds data in ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4... (which is where "our" version of 6.x stored it), it will import that. If it finds BOTH, it will throw a Data Migration dialogue box indicating two sets of data, and offering a suggestion on which one to import based on which was most-recently changed. This is because, if people have switched back-and-forth between our version and the Mac App Store version, whichever one they've been using recently will likely be the most-recently updated. In the process of import, if Dropbox sync using an Agile Keychain is discovered, it will be disabled and should be converted to an OPVault.

Prep All of that ^^ said, if you prefer to switch sync to OPVault from Agile Keychain first (instead of relying on the upgrade process' built-in sync I just described, then yes -- the "Delete Data from Dropbox" option is a checkbox at the bottom on the window when you disable sync. But do those first four steps in reverse order, just to be sure, though: In other words, disable sync (but don't remove the data) on the OTHER devices first, so that the iMac is the only one remaining synced. Then, when you disable sync on the iMac, check the "remove data" box. And yes, re-enabling sync after disabling it on the iMac will write out an OPVault, instead of an Agile Keychain. OPVault is the default keychain that gets written now. You can then re-enable sync on all other devices, using the OPVault(s) you just created on the iMac, and you should be exactly where you described wanting to be at the end of "Prep."

Upgrading - the best way to quit 1Password and the mini is to type ^⌥⌘Q (or just hold down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu). The 1Password 7 installer should detect the presence of any running processes from 1Password 6 for Mac...but to be on the safe side, make sure you quit them yourself, before starting the install. All the rest of your "install" steps look correct. Assuming both iMac and MacBook are using the same iCloud account and both have iCloud Keychain turned on, you're right -- it should license itself automatically. If it doesn't for some reason, the email will contain a link to download the license file. Like this:

The license file is basically a specialized .plist file; it will download into the user's Downloads folder (or wherever they have selected for downloads). Double-clicking on that file in Downloads while 1Password 7 is running will license it -- you'll be able to confirm because it will display a window showing you the license was successfully applied. Everything else looks good!

By the way, if you want to know which of your steps convinced me personally to reply, it was No. 21:

...then raise adult beverage whilst shouting Skol!

Given my ancestry, you had me at "Skol!" 😉 And on a personal note: every 1Password user should have the advantage of an installer as thorough and knowledgeable as you.

• The Doctor
    The Doctor
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Lars

Thanks for taking the time to respond and make improvements to the steps. Great suggestion on reversing the order on disabling sync, and leaving "master" device until last. We will adjust our procedures!!

As an additional thank-you, I have attached a ancestry-appropriate image to this comment for your use :)

A few of clarifying questions in no particular order:

1. You mentioned that the SQLite "local" files are stored in ~Library\Containers... for the sandboxed MAS, but where exactly?
    • I'm assuming here: ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/Data
    • And can 1P make direct use of those files in case of some kind of catastrophic failure which somehow took out backups and dropbox files.
    1. Where are the same SQLite files stored once 1P7 is installed?
    2. Should, for some reason I cannot understand at present, we need to revert to 1P6.X (MAS), is that still available on the App Store from the purchase tab?
    3. I left this out of my original steps, but should Steps 22 & 23 be to drag 1P6.X (MAS) to trash on iMac and MacBook respectively? Meaning it is ok to do the initial launch and Sync setup of 1P7 before trashing 1P6.X (MAS). I'd assume so, otherwise why go through the trouble of a unique name, but just wanted to confirm.
    4. If Users are nervous and would like to keep both around for a month or so but not use 1P6.X (MAS) would this create a significant risk?

Again, appreciate the detailed response. I hope this exchange will prove helpful to others as well. We'll probably begin these migrations in a few weeks and will certainly circle back with additional questions and comments.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@The Doctor

As an additional thank-you, I have attached a ancestry-appropriate image to this comment for your use :)

😍

You mentioned that the SQLite "local" files are stored in ~Library\Containers... for the sandboxed MAS, but where exactly?

Good question. I'm happy to tell you, but I'd urge you not to mess with the contents of these folders; they're really not "user serviceable" as they say in the manufacturing business, and you can do a lot of damage in there inadvertently. OK, lecture over.

• For the Mac App Store - ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/Data/OnePassword.sqlite
    • For the AgileBits version - ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/Data/OnePassword.sqlite

If you or your clients get into a situation where things have gone so far south that you're considering leveraging the raw SQLite file, every one of such situations is likely to be slightly unique, so it's best to get in contact with us on a case-by-case basis, if necessary. Given the thoroughness of your approach above, I doubt it will be, even once. But yes, this is where the "canonical" data lives, for standalone installs.

Where are the same SQLite files stored once 1P7 is installed?

In ~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits/Library/Application Support/1Password/Data/

Should, for some reason I cannot understand at present, we need to revert to 1P6.X (MAS), is that still available on the App Store from the purchase tab?

Yes, for anyone who had downloaded 1Password 6 for Mac from the Mac App Store prior to when we replaced it with the current 1Password 7 for Mac.

I left this out of my original steps, but should Steps 22 & 23 be to drag 1P6.X (MAS) to trash on iMac and MacBook respectively? Meaning it is ok to do the initial launch and Sync setup of 1P7 before trashing 1P6.X (MAS). I'd assume so, otherwise why go through the trouble of a unique name, but just wanted to confirm.

Yep.

If Users are nervous and would like to keep both around for a month or so but not use 1P6.X (MAS) would this create a significant risk?

Yes, it will. Definitely do NOT do this, especially with less-tech-savvy users who may be confused on the differences. This can cause all sorts of unexpected behavior. I'd tell them instead that if they don't like it, you can revert them easily to the exact same state they were in with 1Password 6 if they want -- only because you switched to OPVault in 1Password 6 for Mac before upgrading, as soon as you re-install and re-launch the older version, it will update itself with any changes made in 1Password 7, so your customers won't lose any data. :)

• The Doctor
    The Doctor
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Yes, it will. Definitely do NOT do this, especially with less-tech-savvy users who may be confused on the differences. This can cause all sorts of unexpected behavior. I'd tell them instead that if they don't like it, you can revert them easily to the exact same state they were in with 1Password 6 if they want -- only because you switched to OPVault in 1Password 6 for Mac before upgrading, as soon as you re-install and re-launch the older version, it will update itself with any changes made in 1Password 7, so your customers won't lose any data. :)

Thanks again...I do believe I'm done with my endless questions...I hope and very much appreciate the time you have dedicated to answering them.

Ok... @Lars just to be crystal clear here. Our first task AFTER making sure 1P7 is functioning properly (1P6 and 1P7 will both be on the machines at this point but only 1P7 running) including Syncing, should be to then Trash 1P6.X (MAS).

Hmmm, that does bring up one last thought. I'm assuming that the installation of 1P7 changes the launch daemon so that if one of our folks inadvertently rebooted while both 1P6 and 1P7 were on the machine, only 1P7 and its associate Mini would load, right? If not, we will put in big, bold, yet friendly, letters DO NOT REBOOT.

p.s. if you haven't picked up by now, many of our customers really rely on 1P as one of their mission critical apps and expect us to keep them out of trouble :p

p.p.s We will stay away from the canonical data as if they were guarded by a nest of angry hornets. If things get to that point, we'll hit you up on the bat phone.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@The Doctor

I'm assuming that the installation of 1P7 changes the launch daemon so that if one of our folks inadvertently rebooted while both 1P6 and 1P7 were on the machine, only 1P7 and its associate Mini would load, right?

Not quite. If it's doing its job properly, the 1Password 7 installer should create a zip file of 1Password 6 for Mac. In this way, it's not possible for the OS to inadvertently load components of the older version (because launchd, in particular, will sometimes do that if left to its own devices). Note: if it DOESN'T make a zip file, you don't have to re-do the entire thing, just trash the 1Password 6 app itself. But it should, under normal conditions, and if so, you can drag the zip file to the trash at your leisure.

We will stay away from the canonical data as if they were guarded by a nest of angry hornets. If things get to that point, we'll hit you up on the bat phone.

Sounds like a plan! We're always here to help. Good luck with all your upgrades. :)

• The Doctor
    The Doctor
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

@Lars

90% good news!!

Our first Migration from 6.X (MAS) to 7.0.2 (website) went well aside from a few observations below which, I hope, might prove useful.

1. The steps above (with your suggestions) worked perfectly
    2. The iOS (not Mac) initial sync after conversion to OPVault threw the same error 3-4 times. I do not have the exact verbiage because it flashed and I was too freaked out to screen cap it, but this is close: Sync Error with band_9.js. This was it big bold scary red font. Fortunately I tested this procedure on my own personal machine so I was the only one affected with FUD. As I mentioned, it did this 3-4 times and then seems to have completed its sync procedure successfully. The same error message occurred on the second iOS device when it first connected to the new OPVault. Perhaps it has something to do with the local files trying to merge with the new OPVault and running into issues. The iOS apps handled the error condition and continued with the sync operation. My only concern is whether it would have gone as smoothly, had I not converted the vault PRIOR to upgrading the OSX devices to 7.0.2. Regardless, I have not seen a reoccurrence of this error message, but is there a way/should I try to confirm that band_9.js is syncing properly? It does show sync'ed in Dropbox.
    3. On Machine #2, after install 1P 7.0.2 did not know it was licensed but iCloud Keychain IS enabled and works for everything else. This creates a sticky UX situation which, I think, could be improved. The welcome screen is in foreground and if you click license, you are prompted to buy another license. Nope, don't want that. If you click the License option from the 1P menu pulldown, the new license dialogue box is hidden by the welcome screen. I know this because I minimized the welcome screen and found it lurking there. Unfortunately the "Add License" button was not in focus and non-functional. I suspect because the welcome screens license text really just activate the blue "BUY" button which was hidden in background. Either way, try #2 of getting machine #2 to license failed. Third try was to download the license file and double-click it. This worked fine and 1P 7.0.2 was licensed for the second machine.
    4. Super minor nit here. There were two 7.0.2 Licenses added to the Software Category of 1P 7.0.2. First, nice touch, automatically adding the registration along with the license attached...very very nice. My only suggestion would be to check to see if it already exists with the same creation date and, if so, abort the second operation.

So that's it...will let you guys know if we run into any other weirdness as we slowly migrate other users. I plan to wait a couple of dot.dot releases for things to settle down, but my have my partner upgrade his personal machine when you release 7.0.3 to see if still has the sync errors I mentioned in #2 above.

Finally...unrelated question which I will cross post, but if you happen to know the answer...awesome.

I cannot seem to find a way to change my main view to the columnar format I preferred in 6.8.x This is the one where I could sort by modification or creation date and the relative P/W strength (or other) information could be selected as visible. Was this feature deprecated in 7.X? If so, it makes me sad. If not, I'm being very dense in that I can't figure out how to change to that view.

As always...much thanks for great software!!

pax,

• The Doctor
    The Doctor
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

@Lars

The forum ate my last post...and it was a good one. :p

Net...Net I did a first test on my own devices and had only one minor freakout. I call that a success!! Thanks!! I'll cover that one freakout here and can follow-up with the other observations later in this thread or elsewhere if you prefer.

After disabling sync on all devices and converting to OPVault each iOS device that I reconnected blew the following error about 3-4 times: Error Syncing band_9.js or something close to this. It was in bright, bold, and decidedly unfriendly red letters. After flashing that error message and trying to resync 3-4 times. The error stopped and things appear proper. This same condition reoccured on each iOS device the first time it made contact with the new OPVault, perhaps something to do with how the local data created when using .agilekeychain sync'ed with the new OPVault?

Anyway, I've been able to test several sync activities and they also work. However, none of those caused band_9.js to resync so I didn't know if that should be something to try and do a forced check on.

The last date Dropbox has for band_9.js having been changed was when the OPVault was created. Band_3.js and Band_7.js are the ones that have been modified by my Sync tests (btw...I have no idea what the heck a Band_x.js file is and probably don't need to)

There were some minor issues with Licensing on additional OS X devices that I can cover if you are interested, but my wife is glaring out me so...gotta go :-)

Thanks for making great software!!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@The Doctor Looks like your initial post might have been held up in Moderation (though not quite sure why that would've been). I'm assuming it's the one above this one; if you had a third, I don't think we have that one.

The iOS (not Mac) initial sync after conversion to OPVault threw the same error 3-4 times. I do not have the exact verbiage because it flashed and I was too freaked out to screen cap it, but this is close: Sync Error with band_9.js. This was it big bold scary red font.

If you have extra logging enabled in Settings > Advanced > Diagnostics > Dropbox in your 1Password for iOS installation you may see such issues; they don't necessarily indicate anything wrong. There are four types of message you can get, each flagged with a different identifier: the first three (E for error, A for assertion and S for Status are more significant (and always shown). The fourth (I for information) is much more common and does not necessarily indicate anything wrong. It's also the only one turned off by default unless you specifically enable it in this manner. When you do, however, you may see such messages -- which is why they're off by default: to avoid freaking people out over things that do represent information but don't constitute a problem.

In the case of band9.js messages (or whatever, there are multiple bands), that likely means you're simply missing a band file or two, which would be normal if you don't have too many items in the vault -- no need for all the bands yet. So, given the fact that things eventually (in your estimation) appear to have synced correctly, I'm comfortable leaving that alone.

Your #3 experience of being a licensed (or subscribed) user trying to install onto a second Mac is something we're working on streamlining in an imminent update. Double-clicking on the license file for now should get you where you want to be. Or, alternatively, you can click the buy license link on both the welcome screen and the follow-on screen, and you should get to the lock screen. You can dismiss the actual storefront window without consequence; 1Password will just be in read-only mode. I'm a little surprised you encountered this issue; I might also suggest quitting out of the first run process and re-launching 1Password 7 to see if the issue persists. Anyway, glad to hear all went (mostly) well.

• The Doctor
    The Doctor
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars

Yep...my missing post is now back. Feel free to delete the one directly above your response if you think it makes things cleaner for others who may want to follow.

I confirmed two things. One, advanced diagnostics for Dropbox was NOT turned on. Two, I'm rocking Bands 0 - F currently so Band 9 is definitely in play.

If there is a specific log file I can send for you to look at, I'm happy to do so through e-mail or other secured means. I was able to force a Band 9 sync by cleaning up several items that needed cleaning up anyway until one of them ended up being a Band 9 item.

As an aside, I assume your Banding of data is a means to make sync more efficient in that only affected bands need sync...if so...might I add...very clever. Syncing is so much faster with OPVault vs Agilekeychain (which was never slow) and also takes up only a fraction of the space. You guys should really do this for a living :-P

Anyway, I think things are probably OK on the Band 9 front here, but since I won't be converting clients for another few weeks, if you'd like to confirm via my logs, I'm happy to help. That said, if you don't think it's worth the effort that's ok too. I'll just loop back once we do more installs and let you know if it reoccurs.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@The Doctor

I confirmed two things. One, advanced diagnostics for Dropbox was NOT turned on. Two, I'm rocking Bands 0 - F currently so Band 9 is definitely in play.

In play? Yes. In use? Probably not. Are all of the items present from your previous installation? Do the other macOS-based clients that are synced to this same OPVault file show the same count of items? Do they show any errors? My guess is that your answer to these questions will be Yes, yes and no, respectively, which is (again) why I say I'm not particularly worried about this issue. Before we head down a potentially bottomless rabbit-hole of troubleshooting, let's make sure there's some actual trouble to, um, shoot. The presence of that message doesn't necessarily indicate that.

I assume your Banding of data is a means to make sync more efficient in that only affected bands need sync.

Right. You can read about the design of both Agile Keychain and OPVault to see in detail the ways in which the latter improves upon the former.

very clever. Syncing is so much faster with OPVault vs Agilekeychain (which was never slow) and also takes up only a fraction of the space. You guys should really do this for a living :-P

I wish I could take credit for it, but larger heads than mine are responsible for the improvements. But thanks for the kind words! :)

• The Doctor
    The Doctor
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Lars

Well, filed under "you can't bat 1000," I've run into a sticky enough problem that I'm not sure how to proceed. On the bright side...this is the first major issue I've run into...on the dark side...I'm really stumped.

I suspect the sqlite file on the iMac got corrupted and the propagated to Dropbox which then corrupted the MacBook in this scenario.

Heres the background:

• On iMac edited an login item to change the web address. Upon save an error message fired. I wish I had a copy of it, but it was something like URL ID = Null; the item vanished from the vault completely, and 1P crashed.
    • Upon restart, there was (and still is) an Unnamed item in the Trash. This unnamed item cannot be erased and trash cannot be emptied.
    • Occasionally it vanishes from the iMac and MacBook when 1P is launched but always appears again upon the 2nd launch after it vanishes. The unnamed items has a bogus date assigned to it as well. I've attached a screen cap of it

• I have tried restoring it and renaming it. The restored and renamed item cannot be seen from any iOS 1P version which is where I was going to try and delete it to circumvent any Trash weirdness. No joy there.

Here's what I've tried

• Restored iMac from backup whereupon in merged with existing Dropbox .opvault. Everything seemed ok. Tried deleting troubled item again and it blew up again. Repeated this process.
    • This time there was a mismatch of total items reported in the side panel, which pretty well freaked me out. Meaning iMac which I just restored reported about 8 less items than MacBook, iPad, and iPhone which all were consistent. After several restarts, this actually went away. Oddly.

What I've considered but haven't done yet because--too many moving parts and I'm not sure of order

• Disabling sync on all devices and deleting the .opvault in Dropbox
    • Resetting all 1Password data on both Mabook and iMac
    • Reset all 1Password data on iPad and iPhone (although I don't see an option to do this...it might require deleting the app?)
    • Launch 1Password on iMac and restore from backup
    • Enable Dropbox Sync on iMac
    • Launch 1Password on MacBook and set sync to Dropbox (assume you can do this w/o restoring)
    • Launch 1Password on iPhone and iPad and sync with Dropbox

Obviously, my biggest concern is loss of data. I can't have that happen. Second biggest concern is making sure all these devices stay in sync and that I complete this process in a reasonable amount of time. I have things stable -sort of- right now but I don't dare delete anything for fear of making things worse.

Of course after doing all this, there's no guarantee that the login item in question can every be safely edited or deleted, and also begs the question of whether there are any other items in a similarly unstable state.

Happy to move this to e-mail if it seems a better place to discuss steps, but also wanted to post initial item here since it could be an artifact of shifting from agile keychain to opvault.

Yours or anyone else's help will be greatly appreciated!!

• The Doctor
    The Doctor
    Community Member
    Options

This thread describes what precipitated everything above, however, in my case the item didn't return until I restored from backup.

This actually looks like it might be a known defect, so I will definitely try and wait until you guys take a look and let me know if the major surgery I describe above is needed.

Much thanks...

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/92847/bug-cant-dit-url-from-saved-login#latest

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@The Doctor updating to 7.0.6 will fix some, if not all, of your problems: see the release notes.

Stephen

• The Doctor
    The Doctor
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Stephen_C

It does seem to help with the unnamed trash, but I'm still getting the following when trying to edit at least that one particular item:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@The Doctor: This is definitely an odd situation. Thanks for the additional details! I think it would be best to move this to email so we can get more information if you're still unable to remove the damaged item.

In that case, the best thing to do will be to restart your device, try to edit and remove it, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#MZP-47879-318]

If you’re reading this and you are not The Doctor, this Support ID is for The Doctor only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you.

Also, enabled the Copy UUID feature in Preferences > Advanced and then use Item > Copy UUID to include that as well, so we can track down any errors specific to that. Thanks in advance!

ref: MZP-47879-318

• rudy
    Options

@The Doctor

If you're on 7.0.6 and using standalone vaults, you'll want to update to 7.0.7 as it has a fix for that specific issue.

• The Doctor
    The Doctor
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the follow-up. 7.0.7 did fix the underlying issue, however, @brenty I'll shoot you an e-mail with the Support ID so we could still work through the troubleshooting steps I provided because I've run across similar issues (very rarely) with client systems and would like to understand the best way to perform the "surgery" described in my steps :-)

Much thanks...see you in e-mail

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Likewise, thank you! Glad that the update helped, and we can continue the conversation via email. :)

ref: MZP-47879-318

This discussion has been closed.