Tag and folders on the different platform

Options
Kenbow
Kenbow
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have imported vault data of 1Password 4 into 7beta.
In 4 I managed items in folders, but in 7beta I manage them with tags.
Items edited with 7beta are tagged and have no folder information.
Then, when I look at the data on the iPhone, folders and tags are mixed and it takes time and effort to find the desired item.
Will this be improved in the future?

1Password Version: Win 7beta, iOS 7.0.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows10, iOS
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @KenBow,

Thanks for reporting this.

Yes, all 1Password 7 apps will be going nested tags only. 1Password 7 for iOS haven't made the transition yet, so it shows both folders/tags.

You said you've imported the data, how did you import it? Did you go to 1Password menu > Import and select the Agile Keychain or OPVault folder option?

• Kenbow
    Kenbow
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your reply.
    Probably, I chose 1Password menu> Open vault on this PC ...
    And I chose OPVault which I used to date.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @kenbow,

Thanks for that. That is normal for the moment because 1Password 7 for Windows doesn't touch your folders (shown as tags) until you modify it, which then shows up as tags. We'll update all 1Password apps soon to make sure they're showing up as nested tags only.

• cyclistguy
    cyclistguy
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT - Even though folders are not visible in 1password 7 after converting from 1password 6, the "Remove from Folder" option when right clicking on an individual item still is (even though folders have been converted to tags, the folder structure still seems to remain in the background). It is it advisable to remove all items from folders using this option and then manually deleting the remaining empty folders in iOS? This will ensure I only see tags in both my Mac and iOS.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @cyclistguy,

I would not advise that just yet. Since you have a Mac, we have a new tool in 1Password 7.0.1 beta for Mac you can use to migrate all of your folders to tags:

Go to the Help Menu > Tools > Migrate Folders to Tags.

Give a try and let me know if it helps.

• cyclistguy
    cyclistguy
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Hi @MikeT - Just to clarify - All of my folders where successfully converted to tags when I upgraded to 1PW7. The issue is 1PW on iphone is cluttered now such that items show up in folders AND with tags (i.e. iOS shows a listing of all folders and then all tags - the same item will be enclosed in a folder and separately with a tag). I was thinking of using the "Remove from Folder" option on my Mac, and then deleting the folders in iOS - just for the sake of reducing clutter. Or should I just wait and at some point 1PW for iOS will be upgraded and folders will no longer be displayed?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @cyclistguy,

Right now, 1Password 7 for Windows convert your folders to tags but it doesn't remove the folders metadata in your vault. If you want to wait, we'll likely add an option to automatically do this. We just need more time to update all 1Password apps first.

This discussion has been closed.