To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I have created a new password three times, each time I try to sign in says "Wrong Master Password"

Paws2train
Paws2train
Community Member

I signed up for an Individual account, got a confirmation e-mail, then a pop up screen saying a .pdf had been downloaded to my downloads folder, but it is not there or anywhere on this MacBook Air. I got automattically signed out after 10 minutes of trying to find an answer to how to get the .pdf, then could not log back in... several requests to re-set password sent, and password re-set, but each time I try to log in I get a message saying it is the wrong Master Password??? So now I not only access my account, but also do not have the Secret Key that was ostensibly downloaded... any help much appreciated!!! Cannot get in to find 1Password version and had not yet added the Extension, or set up a synch. i do have the free version of 1Password on my iPad but wanted to have the programme accessible from multiple devices and the cost is so reasonable, but this has been an exercise in total frustration! Any help MUCH appreciated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MAC OS 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have created a new password three times, each time I try to sign in says "Wrong Master Password"

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2018

Hi @Paws2train

I’m sorry to hear about this experience. It isn’t possible to reset a 1Password Master Password or Secret Key, so I’m a little confused about what you’ve described. In any event, the only way forward is going to be to start over. Our sales team can help you with that, but only via email. Please send them a message to sales@1password.com with a link to this thread ( https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/90454/ ) from the email address associated with your membership. When you do you’ll get a response back from BitBot with a support ID. Please post that ID here.

Thanks!

Ben

ref: PJB-95212-495

This discussion has been closed.