Switched from iCloud sync to 1password.com account... Can I delete the 1Password data from iCloud?

Options
ahankins
ahankins
Community Member

Is it safe to delete these 2 items from iCloud now that I'm using a 1Password.com account & have verified all my data is there? I also made a manual backup of my vault before switching to the new account just incase.

Also, not sure why there are 2 entries for 1Password in iCloud... I do use the Mac & iOS apps so maybe that's why?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Switched from iCloud sync to 1password.com account... Can I delete the 1Password data from iCloud?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ahankins: Yep! One of those will be from an older version of iCloud which is used on older iOS and macOS versions anyway, and if you're no longer using iCloud to sync your data you will not need either one. However, since they're both taking up only about 60 mega_bytes_ total, I'd encourage you to hang onto them for now, if for no other reason than you change your mind and want to go back to your previous setup. I don't think you will, but you can never have too many extra copies of important data. Cheers! :)

• ahankins
    ahankins
    Community Member
    Options

That answers my question fully, thank you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. Cheers! :)

• dfp
    dfp
    Community Member
    Options

I think I'm following, but I'd like to get a definitive statement from the 1Password folks before I take the next step:

I'm now on 1password.com. I've had my master vault syncing with iCloud, and 2 other vaults syncing with Dropbox (apparently only 1 vault can use iCloud?).

Since all of my data now appears to be getting synced via my.1password.com, can I disable those other sync profiles on all of my devices and ultimately remove that data from iCloud and Dropbox?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dfp: Yep! In fact, we recommend it and include that as part of the 1Password.com migration instructions, since that will help avoid confusion down the road. If all of your data is in 1Password.com and all of your devices are using only that account, you don' have to do anything else: all of the changes you make will be available on all of them. Cheers! :)

• dfp
    dfp
    Community Member
    Options

Got it, and thanks! Actually, the cleanest way I found was to delete the app from iPhone and iPad, then clear out iCloud/Dropbox, then reinstall the app and direct it to the my.1p account. That gave me a clean config; otherwise I had the original vaults and the my.1p vaults across everything and it felt like that was going to bite me at some point.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yep! That's easy enough if you've already got all your data in your account. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.