To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I have brought a new computer but I am having problems downloading 1Password as I have version 4.6.2

NickiF
NickiF
Community Member

I have version 4.6.2.626 which I brought years ago. But I cant get the standalone version to work as I need to open existing vault which I don't have on my new computer

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have brought a new computer and want to transfer 1Password to it

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

So where is your existing vault? Do you have it in Dropbox, iCloud, a clone hard drive, Time Machine drive, or is your old computer still viable and available for connection?

Is the version of 1PW on your new computer version 7, version 6, or still version 4?

And, I suppose, is your new machine Mac or Windows? and what version of the OS?

Sorry for such a lot of questions in reply to your query, but the answers would help to give you proper advice.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@NickiF: Indeed, you would need to either sync it using Dropbox or copy the vault over to your new computer manually. Let me know how it goes!

This discussion has been closed.