To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Why I'm [Still] Not Getting a Subscription Account

Options
redhatnick
redhatnick
Community Member

I got 1Password6 as part of a bundle in 2015.

When the subscription feature became available, I kicked the tires on it for 30 days in 2017, but decided my meager password needs at the time didn't warrant the $2.99 subscription fee. I was satisfied with the offline version, and putted along nicely until 1Password7.

Fast forward to the present, I have now neither the license to 1Password7 or the subscription, so I've been pondering options going forward. In time, there will be reviews comparing the value 1Password7 provides but for the asking price, there was always a disconnect between what 1Password is and how much its worth to me.

As a person of compromise, I eventually decided that 1Password is worth about $25 to me right now which is about the price of a gift card. As an exchange of services, I would try it out on a gift card for $25, which would buy me about 8 months subscription which is what my money is worth to 1Password, and make an evaluation of my options then.

But of course, now that I want to use my old account from 2017, I can't login because I don't have a secret key from last year, don't need the data stored online from last year in the cloud and now mulling the fact that I will need to spend money and my passwords will now depend upon a support ticket to get help and moved into the cloud going forward and not sure what to do if I get locked out of my passwords one day in the cloud.

And then it hit me again, this is why I'm [still] not getting a subscription account.

Nick

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• redhatnick
    redhatnick
    Community Member
    Options

Update: I was eventually able to find my secret key from years ago and re-activate my account, but there is no way to do this without setting up on another email address if you want to try it again.

• jimthing
    jimthing
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Erm, right, whatever. Lol.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jimthing: I'm not sure that's helpful. :unamused:

• jimthing
    jimthing
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Sorry but did you understand something I didn't? No specific point was raised I could ascertain or help answer.
    :-/

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@redhatnick: I'm glad you were able to find your account credentials, but if you'd still like to start over just shoot us an email at sales@1password.com and we can assist you with that. :)

Also, in case it helps, gift cards are available for 1Password.com:

https://1password.com/giftcards/

And 25$ is an available denomination. I will say though that I spend much more than 25$ a year on the sort of things I'd normally buy gift cards for — restaurants, coffee shops, iTunes — so it may be worth reconsidering in that light. If you sign up for an individual 1Password.com membership billed annually, it's roughly 36$US, which isn't bad at all considering how much individual apps for multiple platforms and cloud storage services cost on their own. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.