1Password 7 Browser Extension User Experience

Options
Rei Vilo
Rei Vilo
Community Member

I'm using 1Password Browser Extension release 4.7.1 with 1Password 7.0.0 on macOS 10.13.4.

Compared to previous version, I find the user experience hasn't improved.

• The pop-up window is no longer below the extension icon, but entered in the screen. Just imagine the travel the eyes need to perform on a 27" screen!
  • The pop-up window is very confused: too much data is displayed.

I'd suggest offering options to get a user experience similar to the previous one, with a pop-up window displayed below the extension icon, and a more compact set of information.

Thank you!

1Password Version: 7.0.0
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: macOS 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

The pop-up window is no longer below the extension icon, but entered in the screen. Just imagine the travel the eyes need to perform on a 27" screen!

You can drag the window to where you want it to be and that position will be remembered next time you open 1Password mini.

Stephen

• sethrose
    sethrose
    Community Member
    Options

I don't like the new browser extension window either..... bring back the old one! At least make the suggested items more prominent.

• ag_kevin
    Options

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback on the mini. We're continuing to refine the behaviour to make accessing more efficient. In the meantime, we recommend moving the mini window where you use it most. Note that you can also bring up and navigate it via the keyboard too.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.