To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Subscription Pricing

Options
fargilan
fargilan
Community Member

I’m a long time user. Just downloaded 1Password 7 from the Mac App Store and migrated my data to the trial subscription. I also migrated my passwords on my iPad and iPhone to use my subscription. I think I’ll probably keep the subscription but am wondering how and when to purchase. I noticed that a single subscription is $2.99/month if purchased from Agile, but the subscription price appears to be $3.99/month if purchased through the Apple store. Can I purchase the subscription from Agile for the lower price and continue to use the version I downloaded from the Apple store? If I do that, will the Apple store version of the application recognize my subscription and not bother me to subscribe through Apple or charge me the higher price?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

@fargilan

You have to log into your account. It looks like you have a single subscription so it’s my.1Password.com (I think) and sign in. Go under billing and that’s where you can get the pricing for $2.99 (credit card), but you pay for a full year (with it to save $12 a year).

Also and idea, you can get a gift card for yourself (I thin US only?, but not 100% sure) and if you get the $125 gift card, you only pay $99 for it.

https://1password.com/giftcards/

Enjoy!

• andrehuang
    andrehuang
    Community Member
    Options

@prime

Could I pay for subscription of years immediately after buying $125 gift card?
    (It means I could be membership for 3.5 years under single person subscription)

Or I need to pay for it "Annually"? (Need to concern the risk of changing price)

Sincerely,

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@fargilan: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! The App Store knows where you live (sorry, that sounded creepy, but I don't mean it that way), so the pricing there will automatically reflect tax and the local currency based on your Apple ID billing information. With the website, it does not know where your billing address is until you actually setup payment, so it will only apply tax at that time -- and, if it helps, 1Password.com is billed from Canada in US dollars, so it can help to use a credit card that does not charge exchange or foreign transaction fees, depending on where you live. So you can pay either way, but there are a few differences based on how Apple's systems work. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@andrehuang: When you purchase a gift card and apply it to you account, it works the same as a credit card: the subscription price (monthly or annual) plus any applicable taxes will be deducted from it each billing cycle; so the whole card will not be used at once: it will be used over time as your subscription renews. Cheers! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@prime: That's a great suggestion! 1Password.com gift cards can be used only when being billed through the website, but it's a great deal -- even compared to the discounted iTunes gift cards I buy from time to time! ;)

• jimthing
    jimthing
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

You cannot use giftcards with accounts using the 1Password.CA or 1Password.EU servers, BTW.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jimthing: Indeed, thanks for chiming in! It's something we may be able to offer in the future though. :)

This discussion has been closed.